Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Akron, OH (Service Center, not for public use)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This post plus the post immediately following were moved from a different thread.

The old "Toys are Us" location is being turned into a supercharger plus?? There is an indoor area I have no idea what other than the superchargers but it looks very interesting. The local paper printed the permit a while back and it was very vague about what it will be. Stated indoor car storage and also charging. Anyone have more information on this?

PXL_20220324_170918024.jpg
PXL_20220324_170657040.jpg
PXL_20220324_170702584.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad to see this I have MYP on the way and one of the big gas savers will be our frequent trips up to see Family in the Akron area from Columbus. One of my concerns was needing to drive so far north to go home since the only superchargers were in the wrong direction and the charging situation at the family's home was questionable. It will be nice to only go a little out of the way instead of way out of the way.

Damn. I believe I owe everyone a mea culpa on this one for getting it wrong. Sorry. Looking at the site plans more closely, I don't think there's going to be a public supercharger here. It's going to be 2 supercharger stations and 6 L2 stations, which is the standard set-up for Tesla Service Center charging needs these days. If you zoom in quite a lot and look closely at the site plans posted by Marco up-thread, you'll see that this is the case. And it matches with the construction pictures posted above that shows only 2 supercharger posts being installed.

On the plans, you can see that the two stalls closest to the corner of the building will be superchargers, but the rest are all marked (upside down) "WC", meaning Wall Connector. And you can see that none of those 6 spaces have oval marking indicative of the supercharger's charging post shape.

1648508680168.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: outdoors
@corywright SC.info isn't including markers for locations that are only Service Center use, right?
That's correct. One of @BlueShift's original instructions to new sc.info editors was:
Do not add private superchargers. Only add those that are available to the general public.
While some service centers occasionally will allow use by the general public, it's not something that can be relied on therefore shouldn't be included on our map.

Reactions: MR52
Tesla's find us has Akron on it flagged for Q4 2022 wonder if this is it or perhaps another stand alone charger
That's correct. One of @BlueShift's original instructions to new sc.info editors was:

While some service centers occasionally will allow use by the general public, it's not something that can be relied on therefore shouldn't be included on our map.
Sad about this but helps to know, Tesla still has a Map pin for Akron Q4 2022 - hope that comes to fruition

Looks like the service center is open, I started a service request through the app and this location was listed as an option. Great additional option outside of the Lyndhurst location.

I am really curious to find out what the status will be on the 2 supercharger stalls they have - open to the public or not? Prior comments say its kind of up to the management at that particular service center. Akron is kind of in a supercharger desert and it would be nice to know if I can rely on access to these or not.

If there's only 2 stalls, it will definitely be reserved for the service center's use. They might allow someone to use one in a real pinch if the spot is available, but definitely don't count on them being generally available for the public.

Since this is not an official Supercharger location (not shown on Tesla Supercharger map), I think we should rename this thread to "Supercharger - Akron, OH (at Tesla Service Center)". I think there will be another Akron Supercharger coming in the near future.

Since this is not an official Supercharger location (not shown on Tesla Supercharger map), I think we should rename this thread to "Supercharger - Akron, OH (at Tesla Service Center)". I think there will be another Akron Supercharger coming in the near future.
Good idea but I'd add non-public: "Supercharger - Akron, OH (Non-public at Tesla Service Center)"