Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Akureyri, Iceland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
We tried scouting out locations for Tesla's new v3 Supercharger in Akureyri, Iceland last Wednesday. We thought a good location would be at the Glerártorg shopping center but didn't notice anything. We checked out a few other locations but didn't have any luck. The next day, Thorleifur Kr Níelsson posted a picture on the Tesla Iceland Facebook group showing he found signs of construction. We're waiting to hear back on the exact location, @MarcoRP

Screenshot_20210731-152513_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: PStewart
I was just about to click "add" on supercharge.info until I noticed the concrete bases were not the usual oval design seen with Tesla stalls. Is it possible these belong to another network?

This is the link to the Facebook post, in case any more info comes to light: Log into Facebook
Anything is possible but I didn't see any other charging stations in Iceland that were separate like Tesla's Supercharger stalls. The ON chargers and other networks all had the big 'boxes' that had the cables connected directly to them (see below). Also, no other charging location in the country had more than 6 plugs...which really meant being able to charge 3 cars at once. It looks like this location will have 8 individual stalls which points even more to it being Tesla.

We did hear a rumor Friday and again on Sunday that the Tesla charging equipment arrived damaged and they are supposedly waiting for a new shipment from the US.

20210724_131542.jpg

Reactions: PStewart