Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alameda, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the chargers live?
Screenshot_20181215-083350_Tesla.jpg

92A92B45-E2EE-41FA-8775-E8E3AA8C21B0.jpeg

And it may just be that new Supercharger feel, but either the cords are too stiff or the parking stop was put too far away from the charger. Feels like I am stretching the cord to plug it in.

I am that second car and I got slack by parking off-center. How long until this parking lot is full? Already have a 3rd of them in use and they have only been on the maps a minute. How many times will I have to Supercharge here before I cover the cost differential for the small window Performance Model 3 w/ Free Supercharging for life like that white one?

-Randy

Last edited:
And it may just be that new Supercharger feel, but either the cords are too stiff or the parking stop was put too far away from the charger. Feels like I am stretching the cord to plug it in.

I am that second car and I got slack by parking off-center.

Is that parking lot built on a slope or are some of the pedestals leaning to one side? Sighting across the tops of the pedestals in that photo looks a little ... odd.

Bruce.

Maybe they lowered the speeds before leaving last night. I've got a slow charge too, although it is better than my 110v at home, and I'm already above 75%, so it's usually slower anyway.

But the cones are gone and people are coming through. And I just checked and it's in the Supercharger list on the map.

Attachments

• 15448951393537668331822401071454.jpg
    15448951393537668331822401071454.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 70
  • 20181215_092614.jpg
    20181215_092614.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 81
Still going slow, probably not gonna be fixed until Monday or so. The fence is still around the last of the construction equipment to be cleaned up. When that's gone I'd expect the voltage would be fixed too. I would hate to just be driving somewhere and have it route me via Alameda to charge and then discover the slowness, usually, I get at least 72 kW even if the chargers are full. That would annoy me. But I usually ONLY Supercharge when I am getting full speed charging. I'll head to another charger once the kW drops below 100. So I'll usually only be charging for 15 minutes or so and then back on the road for another 150 miles. Glad I got the long-range Model 3 with almost 500 MPH charging.

My photo does make it look like the first 6 head down a hill, and then the rest form a different line. Probably just following the lay of the terrain.

-Randy

Last edited:
Reactions: Oyinko
What's the charge rate Bruce?

I was pulling about 51-52kW on 5A, but I rolled in with 75% SOC, so even under ideal circumstances I wouldn't expect to be getting more than that.

Note to drivers charging here (well actually it's a good practice anywhere IMHO): Come to a gradual stop and turn on either your hazard lights or turn signal before trying to back into a space. I saw a brand new Model 3 almost get smacked in the rear by a car coming down one of the aisles because its driver wasn't expecting the Model 3 to stop suddenly and start backing up into a parking space. I had a front-row seat to this and it was pretty :eek::eek::eek:.

Bruce.

If this charger gets no traffic I agree, but as it is currently the ONLY SC in the East Bay, and I watched its first day of operation and there wasn't a moment when it was empty. (edit: 9 pm there's someone there) Probably should have been an Urban SC, not sure why it's not. But I have been to LOTS of Superchargers (I'd say the majority) that have zero other cars when I arrive. The city chargers are likely only busy because of all the free Supercharging for life that was given out. I met people today that have been charging at home, but that is over now. They are going to spend an hour at the mall instead of charging the car at home overnight. Not that I would kick a car with free Supercharging out of bed.

-Randy

Last edited:
Tried to get to the charger while you were still there Bruce, but I guess you posted after leaving. I did get a pic of the Food Truck Carouselambra. Closed right when I got there at 3 pm, but Yeah, if you are coming this way during the weekend, don't eat first.

fullsizeoutput_2743.jpeg

-Randy

Off the Grid | Markets

The food trucks are there every Saturday from 11-3pm. Looks like they're there 12/22, skipping 12/29, back on 1/5.

12 chargers seems too small for being the only East Bay site.

Tried to get to the charger while you were still there Bruce, but I guess you posted after leaving. I did get a pic of the Food Truck Carouselambra. Closed right when I got there at 3 pm, but Yeah, if you are coming this way during the weekend, don't eat first.

View attachment 361416

-Randy