Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alameda, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome, thanks for finding that!

It would be pretty amazing if in the end they also install a supercharger at the Target, like I was guessing, so both ends of the island would be covered. There will certainly be a lot more people moving in as the construction on the old Navy base gets going.

Why are they doing this on the far side of Alameda? Are there more Teslas on Alameda than I'm thinking there are?
Alameda Landing would be a much better choice. It'd be much closer to the freeway.

Anyways, just because a permit got filed doesn't make it final. The original Emeryville site was next to Target and now it's in the Public Market.

Why are they doing this on the far side of Alameda? Are there more Teslas on Alameda than I'm thinking there are?
Alameda Landing would be a much better choice. It'd be much closer to the freeway.

Anyways, just because a permit got filed doesn't make it final. The original Emeryville site was next to Target and now it's in the Public Market.
My guess is the Tesla mothership has data showing many Alameda residents using up capacity at other superchargers. I live in Fernside about a mile NE of this location and I know of at least a dozen Tesla owners within a 3 block radius of me and I've seen many others buzzing around this side of the island. I've also noticed many of these owners charging on 120V in their driveways, probably due to either Alameda's notoriously-difficult permit process and/or 100+ year old houses with knob and tube wiring everywhere.

Aside from that, South Shore isn't too far from 880 (using High St) and has better restaurants/grocery stores.

Reactions: DMack

I know multiple Tesla owners in Alameda, including my brother and many of his close neighbors. He always talks about another street where you can see even more Tesla owners.

I've also noticed many of these owners charging on 120V in their driveways, probably due to either Alameda's notoriously-difficult permit process and/or 100+ year old houses with knob and tube wiring everywhere.

He can confirm the difficulty of the permit process. When he got solar panels the permitting process took quite a while. Now he has a neighbor who is a contractor which helped immensely when he got his 240V outlet put in.

It will be a real question whether I charge at the FREE Volta charger or the Native Supercharger if it does end up in South Shore Mall.

I was just at the City Center parking garage where they recently re-opened the 2 Dual ChargePoint stations and when I got back from lunch all the spaces had Model 3's in them. I thought I was going to be the only Model 3 in Alameda for a while...

305343.jpg

-Randy

• Funny
Reactions: mpmeyer

Lots of parking and if you haven’t been to the west side in a while there a lot of new housing going in and it’s next to the tunnel, Gold Coast and downtown Oakland and closer to the Ferry than east side.

I looked on Apple Maps, Google Maps, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MapQuest and each of them has the location of the permitted address
523 SOUTH SHORE CTR 94501 at a different location in the mall parking lot. One of them showed it being IN Paganos, so I guess that one is wrong. The others have it by the Volta chargers, by Petco, by (perhaps in) Office Max, and Yahoo couldn't find the address.

-Randy

I looked on Apple Maps, Google Maps, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MapQuest and each of them has the location of the permitted address
523 SOUTH SHORE CTR 94501 at a different location in the mall parking lot. One of them showed it being IN Paganos, so I guess that one is wrong. The others have it by the Volta chargers, by Petco, by (perhaps in) Office Max, and Yahoo couldn't find the address.

-Randy

Looks like it on the side near Chipotle
See the Hold letter at Accela Citizen Access

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-6_13-19-39.png
    upload_2018-8-6_13-19-39.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Informative
Reactions: emupilot
I see the document you uploaded, but I don't see anything about WHERE the station would be. Sure there is the 523 address, but as I said, those many maps apps show that being in different locations around the mall. What are you seeing?

-Randy

I see the document you uploaded, but I don't see anything about WHERE the station would be. Sure there is the 523 address, but as I said, those many maps apps show that being in different locations around the mall. What are you seeing?

-Randy

The most interesting page of the document is not the first one, which jamesn uploaded here, but the last one. The power company (AMP) requested more specific information about the exact siting of the utility transformer and conduit runs, and also provided an example map suggesting where they might be placed. You can get the full document by following the Accela link and choosing "Attachments" from the "Record Info" drop-down menu. This isn't the final construction plan so may not match the exact layout, but gives a good hint as to where things will go. It must be based on the (apparently non-public) plans submitted by the contractor/Tesla with respect to the location of things.