Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alamosa, CO

Matsayz

Jul 6, 2019
Las Vegas
View attachment 493797 A SC in Alamosa could have really helped this Christmas. Decided to charge for a couple hours at a ChargePoint with stated arrival charge of 8% at the Poncha Springs SC. Ended up needing an 18 mile tow... winter driving in my P85D could take some getting used to!

Ouch, at what % did you call it quits and get a tow truck? Did he just drop you at the Poncha Springs SC?

Busaru

May 16, 2019
Durango CO
Started shutting down with 30 miles on display (18 real miles to go!). Temps in the single digits and I’ve never run it that low (only had it for 6 months). Stoked to have so much more range than my LEAF but this event was certainly surprising and frustrating - must be something with the battery calibration. Tow truck pulled me in parallel to Poncha SC and I charged for about 10 minutes at 50kW before 1 mile appeared. 12v had died from running hazards and it took a while for things to come back to life. Good lesson - don’t get off the truck until you know you’re charging. Needless to say - I can’t wait for the Alamosa SC!

Happy New Year, may it be a great year for all!

• Informative
Reactions: tes-s and Big Earl

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
Started shutting down with 30 miles on display (18 real miles to go!). Temps in the single digits and I’ve never run it that low (only had it for 6 months). Stoked to have so much more range than my LEAF but this event was certainly surprising and frustrating - must be something with the battery calibration. Tow truck pulled me in parallel to Poncha SC and I charged for about 10 minutes at 50kW before 1 mile appeared. 12v had died from running hazards and it took a while for things to come back to life. Good lesson - don’t get off the truck until you know you’re charging. Needless to say - I can’t wait for the Alamosa SC!

Sorry for the trouble. To be clear were you looking at the projected range or rated range (normal battery display).

I *always* go on '30 mile' projected range if I'm going to be close at all and the where is not mild summer.

Related article: https://mytesla.tips/2018/02/24/reducing-tesla-range-anxiety-on-trips-a-practical-approach/

2kG0np2.jpg

Busaru

May 16, 2019
Durango CO
I definitely didn’t mean to turn this thread into my winter driving story - I mostly wanted to express my excitement about the prospect of a SC in Alamosa.

Regarding the range expectation, I was viewing the instrument cluster reading - am I reading things wrong? I know in my LEAF it’s not wise to base anything on its readout but I was hoping the Tesla would be a little more faithful. I’ll take a look at the link for more info.

David99

Jan 31, 2014
Brea, Orange County

What year and battery is your car? A car shutting down with 18 miles left has an issue. You should have Tesla look at it. Many people had their battery replaced after similar incidents.

Reactions: sdoorex

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC