Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To you.

The FMN route is certainly longer, but it is Supercharged all the way and drama free.
It's over an hour longer than going through Trinidad which is also supercharged the whole way. Also, Santa Fe to Bernalillo to Farmington is over 200 miles which is a much longer stretch on one charge than you would have on the route through Trinidad. If he's going to do a leg over 200 miles, he might as well drive straight to Poncha Springs which is pretty close to the fastest route without regard to charging and saves over 3 hours of driving when compared to your Farmington route.

You know, it's okay to admit you are wrong every once in a while. Or just let a correction go without a response.

Reactions: doeandjon and Fleg
When Buc-ee's announced they were coming to Colorado I was hoping it would be Alamosa with some new v3 chargers. So disappointed it was Johnstown, even if the Longmont Supercharger spot isn't the best. Either way, hope it has some chargers.

I can’t believe that this thread is from 2019 and still no SC in Alamosa, CO.

I just came back from a trip to Taos. While going I took 285. Charged at Poncha Springs. It said I can reach Taos but keep speed below 55.

To be safe when I reached Alsmosa, I wanted to charge a bit before continuing. I stopped by the visitor center. They had plug pwr charger but unfortunately I didn’t have the adapter.

Went to a near by destination charger. Charged for an hour and reached Taos w 6% / 17mi left.

We need a SC in Alamosa.

While returning took I25. Charged at Trinidad and reached home without any issues.

I can’t believe that this thread is from 2019 and still no SC in Alamosa, CO.

The thread is actually from 2017!

We'll just add this to the list of long lost "coming soon" superchargers. It will have good company with Kayenta (AZ), Cody (WY), Kalispell (MT), and Shelby (MT). Heck, even Taos itself was on once (briefly) on that map!

Bernalillo != Santa Fe.

Even he was leaving from Bernalillo, traveling through Farmington would add 2 hours to his trip. Even the detour through Montrose is substantial (he said he was going to Gunnison, not Montrose).

Assuming he has a longer range Tesla with >300 Rated Miles on a full charge, he should just drive carefully to the Poncha Springs supercharger which is only a slight diversion. If it's a shorter range model, he'll have to arrange for alternate charging or make the big detour through Trinidad (still way faster than going through Farmington).
I had to straddle a pile of road kill within the first 2 months of having the model 3 dual motor. My range dropped over the next few months after that. When Tesla checked it out a year later, they said the crease in the bottom plate renders the car as a fire hazard. I had to replace it. Unfortunately, I went with an insurance claim. I suspect that the insurance arranged for a smaller battery. The replacement battery never has had the range of the original. I use about 50 kWhr to charge from 10% to 90%. The "degradation" stopped though. I now have over 100k miles on the car.

Already voted for Durango, Pagosa, and Alamosa.

I also added Lawton, OK.
I picked Vernal UT and West Glacier MT. Vernal improves access to sprawling Dinosaur National Monument and West Glacier, or something similar, is much needed for the sublime Glacier National Park.

I'd like to see Cortez, since it is the gateway city to Mesa Verde National Park, but it wasn't a choice. Durango would suffice for that, I suppose. Long range cars might be able to get from Cortez to Flagstaff. (Kayenta is vociferously opposed by some Navajo people, who object to a charge station for rich people's cars when many hogan's don't even have electricity.)