Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albany, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....That said, the state of GA just apparently awarded some contract / funds to bring EV to the 82 corridor from Brunswick to Albany. I'm not sure if Tesla has any access to that or not, but I'm hopeful. Honestly, Albany could have been the first of that money potentially....
That is for public charging ONLY and Tesla is private charging (even if 70% of all EVs on the road are Teslas). Until Tesla offers CCS and public access (V4 maybe) there will be $0 of public money granted to Tesla.

Count me happy! That will make my trip from Fort Worth to visit my mom east of Tifton, Ga, easier and more direct than it is now.

I do agree with an earlier comment about how handy it would be to have a supercharger station in Clayton, Ga. We travel to that area several times a year to escape the Texas summer heat.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I was in Macon yesterday (4 Aug) at Supercharger. There was a Tesla tech doing maintenance on the chargers. He told me that he would be in Albany next week to put it online. I asked about Dublin. He said that was on their radar, but he was unsure of a date.
Guess who else was in Macon too? :eek:

0A5E58B8-5C11-4566-B1CE-0FD599992B38.jpeg

Just move to the east of I75 and you have an even larger "supercharger desert".

View attachment 834964
I actually had to drive through this "desert" recently. Was driving from Florida to Canada and needed a negative PCR test, of which the "closest" place was Waycross, GA to get the negative test. Stopped at Kingsland, GA to charge up, did the math to get from Kingsland to Waycross, to Brunswick, GA, with some "fudge factor" built in.

Once I got to Waycross, GA my X decided I had enough range to get to Metter, GA, and to continue my trip north from there.

I got to Metter, GA with 8% left in my battery.

The top of one of the stations blew off and was sitting on the ground. Looks like i wasn’t properly attached. I set it back on, but there is NO WAY to contact Tesla to let them know they need to secure/fix it. Since the stall is working fine for now there will be no equipment error condition, so from their end it looks like all is well. I’d like to let them know, because if the top falls off again rain might cause significant and expensive damage.

Maybe I should tweet Elon.

The top of one of the stations blew off and was sitting on the ground. Looks like i wasn’t properly attached. I set it back on, but there is NO WAY to contact Tesla to let them know they need to secure/fix it. Since the stall is working fine for now there will be no equipment error condition, so from their end it looks like all is well. I’d like to let them know, because if the top falls off again rain might cause significant and expensive damage.

You can call the main 800 number I’m the car’s service screen, and work your way through the automated prompts to “Supercharging”. Once a live person picks up, you can tell them the details.

I reported a broken plug that way, at the Buckeye, AZ, location that the automated system hadn’t detected yet.

You can call the main 800 number I’m the car’s service screen, and work your way through the automated prompts to “Supercharging”. Once a live person picks up, you can tell them the details.

I reported a broken plug that way, at the Buckeye, AZ, location that the automated system hadn’t detected yet.
Once you choose the supercharging part, the automated answering system refers you to the website or the service app. Years ago I reported a broken supercharger using the number actually printed at the SC station. That's a thing of the past now.

Tweet @teslacharging

Reactions: AudreyHTX1