Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque, NM - Louisiana Boulevard Northeast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although the odds are probably zilch, a Supercharger in Cuba, NM would be awesome at splitting the gap between Farmington and Albuquerque, especially for us with older cars that don't have the range of the new ones. I've made several trips in the winter in my S 85 where I had to do a range charge and have the heat turned off and drive slower than the speed limit!

Although the odds are probably zilch, a Supercharger in Cuba, NM would be awesome at splitting the gap between Farmington and Albuquerque, especially for us with older cars that don't have the range of the new ones. I've made several trips in the winter in my S 85 where I had to do a range charge and have the heat turned off and drive slower than the speed limit!
Hopefully soon you could go thru Grants instead for short-rangers…

I would think eventually there will be superchargers in Cuba, Espanola, Taos, Bernalillo, etc. but it might take a while.

Also, Alamosa, Pagosa Springs, Durango, Cortez on the CO side of the border.

I would think eventually there will be superchargers in Cuba, Espanola, Taos, Bernalillo, etc. but it might take a while.

Also, Alamosa, Pagosa Springs, Durango, Cortez on the CO side of the border.
It’s great that Bernalillo will be built soon now.
And, Durango would be great too. In theory that would open up the route between Poncha Springs to/from Durango (195 miles). Hard to believe that there isn’t already a supercharger there, or even an Electrify America. (I guess a 62kW ChargePoint CCS is better than nothing)

Hopefully soon you could go thru Grants instead for short-rangers…
I've been waiting for Grants for years. Still waiting...

Doing the 182 miles between Farmington and Albuquerque is difficult in my old car with 162 RM degraded range. Without the whole route being at high altitude, it wouldn't be possible at all. Had to turn back once, going westbound facing strong headwinds, and go the long way through Gallup. Made for a long day.

Grants is about 41 miles longer but the time difference would be not much more for me, given driving speed and charge time. (It takes about an hour and a half to Supercharge to 98% in my car. It takes time to drive 50 to 60 in a 70 zone; wouldn't be practical if not for a passing lane most of the way.)

Most newer Teslas can do 182 miles easily, by my standards, and how many really drive US 550 to Farmington? So, additional charging along that obscure route is a niche request, to put it mildly. I'd happily settle for Level 2 charging in Cuba. I've used L2 at the Sandoval Medical Center in Rio Rancho but it is still a long way to Farmington from there.

Reactions: IdaX and Polly Wog
Up to 10x better than most of the L2 in place. Durango has a smart and active Tesla community. They bought the CHAdeMO adapter I chaperoned for a while so that Teslas without CCS compatibility can use the DCFC in the city.
Hilton Double Tree in Durango has Destination Charger. I stay there to ski in Purgatory.

2 Tesla Connectors, available 24/7, up to 13kW
Available to the public. Please see front desk.