Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque, NM - Louisiana Boulevard Northeast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Saturday at about 10:30 AM I was first in line. Shortly after I plugged-in there were seven cars in line! Louisiana Blvd should take some of the pressure off the existing station. However, it baffles me why Albuquerque, at the intersection of I-25 and I-40, has limped along with a single six stall station while dozens of stations have been opened in California and the East Coast.

I'd really like to see a Supercharger station on the north side of Albuquerque, as well as the stations planned for Grants and Socorro.
Love to see a station in Bernalillo (Just North of Albuquerque). And Grants!

Reactions: IdaX
Love to see a station in Bernalillo (Just North of Albuquerque). And Grants!
Bernalillo would be my preference as well (Cuba would be even better but that isn't going to happen). I had to turn back on that 182 mile leg from Albuquerque to Farmington due to headwinds.

Not that Bernalillo is likely to happen, given the proximity to the Santa Fe and Albuquerque Supercharger Stations. Grants seems more likely and would suffice as an alternative to the US 550 route: 221 miles with shorter charging sessions needed to make the 143 mile Grants to Farmington leg. I really dislike going all the way to Gallup, 266 miles to get from Albuquerque to Farmington.

Last edited:
Los Poblanos has destination chargers (great place for a meal or a stay) - but they are not shown on PlugShare - don't know why.

Socorro SC should help - those on I-25 bound for Santa Fe can skip Albuquerque altogether.
Plugshare is a crowd-sourced database. You can add sites yourself as you find them. I have done so many times over the years (most recently the Mountain Village, CO, Supercharger Station).

Reactions: Big Earl
Not sure the resort wants to be shown in Plugshare.
If the resort policy is that charging is for customers only (common for charging provided by hotels and restaurants) that can be noted in the site details. Most places that offer EV charging do so to attract business or to support EVs in general. My guess is that the resort doesn't even know that Plugshare exists — how many non EV owners do?

Whoa!! Construction! No holes dug, but fencing up and today when I drove by a truck arrived with TONS of rolled-up conduit. I waited while they unloaded it. The contractor for the electrical work says they are out of California. This is the exact location on the map. Yaaayyy! Why here? I sure do not know. The lone operational Albuquerque Supercharger (just down the street) is always very busy during the daytime. Mac
New ABQ Supercharger construction.jpg

Whoa!! Construction! No holes dug, but fencing up and today when I drove by a truck arrived with TONS of rolled-up conduit. I waited while they unloaded it. The contractor for the electrical work says they are out of California. This is the exact location on the map. Yaaayyy! Why here? I sure do not know. The lone operational Albuquerque Supercharger (just down the street) is always very busy during the daytime. MacView attachment 766151

I drove by here on the way to meet the up with @napoleonblownapa for lunch. I must have been in the wrong spot so didn’t see it. 🤷‍♂️
@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright