Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know the fence is the holdup. What we don't know is WHY the fence is taking so long to get done. I've heard no explanation from anyone, including Tesla, Applebee's, or the construction company that built the ABQ Supercharger itself. We don't know if it's held up by city/county permit process or other governmental deliberations, an architect's design, scheduling a fence contractor, price of rice in China, astrological signs, or what. If by mid-September there's still no fence and no end in sight, then it's time to file a FOIA. :)

You would think anyone with time enough to go wing walking could spend a day building a fence.

buildwal.png

Apparently the SC arches are complete and would be operational if they were turned On,
but they have been Off since their completion in approximately May, 2015.

The "rumor" is that they await the building of some sort of "fence", which makes
very little sense, in my opinion. Maybe in September?

If they were operational, I would have made reservations for 3 nights in
Albuquerque to see the Hot Air Balloon Festival at the beginning of October.
It is likely I would have eaten at the Applebee's resturant where the SCs
are located. Sorry Albuquerque and Applebee's, you lose my $.

I'd like to request some local information. We will be traveling to Santa Fe on Wednesday and home again the following Monday. What is our best bet for CHAdeMO charging in Albuquerque? Thanks in advance.

Plugshare and EV trip planner are your friends! I used the Chademo at WinRock back in May w/o issue, but I've read it might have been turned down to 40Amps max now- It's at least near plenty of food options. The one at the O'Neils pub was reported down a couple of weeks ago, and not updated as of this morning. Also the one at Montgomery plaza is shown on Plugshare to be down too. So the choices of Chademo in ABQ seem very limited to just WinRock and Sprouts as of today..

As an aside, when I drove from NW Tucson to ABQ in May- I went via Payson and not via Flagstaff to reach the Holbrook SC. I did stop in Chandler at the Sears and topped off at the Chademo there. It also sometimes shows down. There are others though. I actually think you can make it from Casa Grande to Holbrook via Payson w/o a charge inbetween in an S85- just watch your speed up to the rim. With the stop in Chandler on the way, I arrived at Holbrook with about ~60 miles range left. It was easily accomplished the other way around, I arrived at Casa Grande from Holbrook with ~80 miles range left after a range charge in Holbrook.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439569004.302449.jpg

Yep, I experienced the 40amp cap as well when I passed through Winrock about 6 weeks ago. Picture attached to give others an idea of the power to expect.
There was another forum member who got a higher rate of current than I did on the same day. So I don't know if they throttled it down to 40 amps just that day or if they were remotely trying different levels.

From personal experience, shared earlier in this thread (page 21), the Montgomery CHAdeMO station provides the fastest charging in Albuquerque, if it is up. Plugshare is great, but just contact Greenlots to ask if it is/will be back up in time for you to use.

Last edited:
I'd like to request some local information. We will be traveling to Santa Fe on Wednesday and home again the following Monday. What is our best bet for CHAdeMO charging in Albuquerque? Thanks in advance.
I did Santa Fe to Tucson last week. Used Chademo in SF for range charge to Gallup. Then a hp to Holbrook. Range charge and then downhill to Tucson through Show Low and Salt River. Home w 60 miles rated range left.

- - - Updated - - -

I did Santa Fe to Tucson last week. Used Chademo in SF for range charge to Gallup. Then a hp to Holbrook. Range charge and then downhill to Tucson through Show Low and Salt River. Home w 60 miles rated range left.
The Santa Fe Chademo was at Sprouts on Cerillos.