Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fast progress at 10:30 AM on May 20

Two hours later, the first paving layer was done. The third Supercharger fan cabinet arrives!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
This Nose-IN style on completely new construction is interesting. Unlike Cheyenne where they did not want to disturb the trees along the existing curb, here they could go either way. And apparently did so on the other side of the stockade. Is TM testing out some ICEing psychology theories re reluctance of perps to enter an enclosed space, where more likely the boogie man will get you?!! :biggrin:
--

Progress as of about 4:30pm today! And as I was leaving Polly Wog drove up in a beautiful Model S! Super nice person! This just keeps getting better!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 606
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 602
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 605
Hahaha.... I was down at the ABQ Sunport this afternoon and then raced back to Santa Fe to upload these photos and sure enough, everybody beat me to it! :)

Here are two of mine, for what it's worth.... great to see the progress....

abq-tsla-20150520-0.png

abq-tsla-20150520-a.png

Lots of progress and great photos from the Albuquerque Supercharger site today. No photos from me today, as so many others did such a good job of posting. As @SpaceCadet said, we crossed paths late this afternoon. It's always nice to meet other TMC members. Funny, because I met @MarkZ a week ago at the Winrock CHAdeMO charger here in Albuquerque, and unless I'm mistaken, I met @tinm at the CHAdeMO charger in Santa Fe a few weeks back. Small world. Anyway, keep up the great job, everybody! The Albuquerque Supercharger should be online soon.

Lots of progress and great photos from the Albuquerque Supercharger site today. No photos from me today, as so many others did such a good job of posting. As @SpaceCadet said, we crossed paths late this afternoon. It's always nice to meet other TMC members. Funny, because I met @MarkZ a week ago at the Winrock CHAdeMO charger here in Albuquerque, and unless I'm mistaken, I met @tinm at the CHAdeMO charger in Santa Fe a few weeks back. Small world. Anyway, keep up the great job, everybody! The Albuquerque Supercharger should be online soon.

Nope, wasn't me! I don't even own a CHAdeMO adapter and have no idea where such a charger is in Santa Fe.

I am curious though, if you're located on Maui (Kihei, Hawaii), what're you doing in New Mexico? Me, I'd rather be in Hawaii! :)

Sorry, @tinm, it was obviously someone else . And regarding your other point, my home is on Maui. I'm on a temporary work assignment here in Albuquerque and my company paid to ship my car. Although Maui is beautiful, there aren't many places to drive, so I've really been putting the miles on since getting here. I never thought I would get to use a supercharger, let alone get to see one built up close. I get to go home to Maui in a couple months, but will continue to try and rack up the miles until then.

This Nose-IN style on completely new construction is interesting. Unlike Cheyenne where they did not want to disturb the trees along the existing curb, here they could go either way. And apparently did so on the other side of the stockade. Is TM testing out some ICEing psychology theories re reluctance of perps to enter an enclosed space, where more likely the boogie man will get you?!! :biggrin:
--

This layout is used @ Shamrock, TX, and IIRC, the chargers I used @ Barstow were also Nose-IN.
Oh, and Hawthorne (under the canopy).

It would be really difficult for somebody (ICE) to park in one of these SpC space and at least not be aware there is something unique about the parking layout.

It's great to see the progress with this Supercharger station. In a few months I will be traveling through Albuquerque and will definitely make use of this station. This stop will be part of a 7,200 mile road trip! Thanks for all the photos. The last two (non-started) supercharger stations that are along my route are in Amarillo, TX and Denton, TX. I've got backup plans if they don't get built, but those are the last two puzzle pieces.

Now, if only the same group of eager NM Tesla photo-journalists would start taking pictures of their cars parked at the nearby New Mexico Automotive Dealers Association building each day. NMADA, if you're not aware, is the group behind the protectionist laws that ban Tesla from opening any stores or even service centers in the State of New Mexico. So if you are a NM Tesla owner like me, you cannot get service anywhere in the state. The long-promised Albuquerque Tesla Service Center that Tesla still says is "coming soon" can't actually open because of this law and will never open until the law is repealed or changed and there is no telling how many years that might be.

And now back to the regularly-scheduled discussion on the supercharger :)

Now, if only the same group of eager NM Tesla photo-journalists would start taking pictures of their cars parked at the nearby New Mexico Automotive Dealers Association building each day. NMADA, if you're not aware, is the group behind the protectionist laws that ban Tesla from opening any stores or even service centers in the State of New Mexico. So if you are a NM Tesla owner like me, you cannot get service anywhere in the state. The long-promised Albuquerque Tesla Service Center that Tesla still says is "coming soon" can't actually open because of this law and will never open until the law is repealed or changed and there is no telling how many years that might be.

And now back to the regularly-scheduled discussion on the supercharger :)

Ok not quite yet :) : I'll make a point of doing this when we're on our "southern route" US tour in 2016... if they still have any members! (kidding, kidding; that'll be in 2018)

I get to go home to Maui in a couple months, but will continue to try and rack up the miles until then.

Cheer up

Good news... There will be an SC built on Maui.
Bad news... On top of Haleakala.

(Of course, once you get up there, you can drift downhill on the steep 26 mile road getting full Regen the entire way. That alone should charge the car)

Here is the latest from one of the "photo-journalists" covering the new SC in Albuquerque...love it! Ha! Hope we are doing better than most of the real photo-journalists out there! Sometimes I wonder where they get some of those people...but back to the important stuff...

Another cold, blustery, wet day in the desert. Loving that too, but I'm sure it makes the work a lot harder...the crew doesn't seem to mind it at all. They are making lots of progress just the same!

Pictures are a bit blurry, wanted to try a new way of reducing file size. Did not work so well, but I hope everyone gets the idea...

(I would LOVE to park my Tesla anywhere but I'm having to wait for the Model 3! Hope we get direct sales here or at least a service center long before then! Here's hoping! At least we'll have an SC and I'm really grateful for that!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 604
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 598
Once again, crossed paths with @SpaceCadet this afternoon (also a very nice person). As mentioned, the weather is slowing progress down a bit, but it'll be finished soon - but probably not until early next week now.

I'm driving through Albuquerque Monday night. I had really hoped this would be in place by then but I think that's doubtful since that's a holiday. I guess it's CHAdeMO on the Greenlots chargers for my drive through...<sigh>.

I am driving buy from CA to TX. Can you share the address of the NMADA so I can stop by, take a pic ... Stand up for the cause?

Funny, the NMADA doesn't seem to like publicizing their address. I only found it by accident because I was going to visit an office supply company one day further down the same street, and as I was looking for that building, I saw The Enemy's building right there . . . the address is 3815 Hawkins St NE, Albuquerque, NM.

Substantial completion. Power tested good. Need lighting, stripping, signage. Estimating next Thursday availability....!
Only two more stalls to complete when I left today. Talking to the crew, I learned they live in Albuquerque and are looking forward to getting the bid on the Las Vegas NM SC. They have installed four SCs so far and have been enjoying the experience. On plus side they are getting a kick out all of us stopping by and blogging the progress :) Good news all around.