Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Albuquerque NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm headed in that direction next week- I guess I'll use the new Chademo's on the way to Indiana- and maybe it will be online on the way back later in the month.

Meteroitehunter- Any tips for the Tucson to OKC leg of my trip? I think I've finally decided to get to I-40 via PHX and Payson and not chance Tus, Globe, Showlow route. My friend has made it from Chandler to Holbrook twice now with plenty of spare range in his S85 driving the speed limit I think that will beat going I10-I17 to I40....

Don't know for sure, but the Texas SC's will probably be built by licensed Texas contractors, not NM contractors.

The guys who built Shamrock, Texas were from Michigan. And they had just finished one in Missouri.

They did have ONE local guy there, standing around with his hands in his pockets, acting like he didn't know what they were up to.

Finally, construction has started in the SE corner of the Applebee's parking lot. The crew expects to be completed by 5/20. They also built the SC in Tucumcari. I'll return and take pictures this weekend.
That is Excellent news, thanks for finding out. - I will need to swing by as well and observe the progress.
And the news about LV starting is welcome as well. I'm needing to travel directly to Denver and puts me one step closer.

There are 3 new Greenlots CHAdeMO 50kW chargers in Albuq that are free to use for now, I used the one in Winrock Town Center this morning, NW side of Dave and Buster's lot. If you have adapter, download the app to start charging and go inside for a cold one!

Thanks for the info! No ChaDeMo adapter; I will either charge at my father's house or stay at the Sheraton which has an HPWC (40amp though). Or if I stay at the HI Express, maybe I can convince them to let me 'test' it out for them? :rolleyes:

Finally, construction has started in the SE corner of the Applebee's parking lot. The crew expects to be completed by 5/20. They also built the SC in Tucumcari. I'll return and take pictures this weekend.

Picture.
IMG_20150502_115156_344.jpg

Great to see construction has begun in Albuquerque! A SuperCharger there is really going to do wonders for wandering around NM.

Now if only Tesla could get the auto dealers to back off and allow the legislature to permit Tesla to open some service centers in NM starting with Albuquerque!

Come on up to Denver, Colorado. You can visit the one showroom, and test drive a Tesla S P85D. Don't worry guys, New Mexico & Texas will soon wake up. You can still buy a Model S online. They can't stop you from registering the car in your state. Soon there will be Tesla automobiles everywhere, and NM & Texas will have to enter the 21st century. I'm waiting for the Trinidad, CO to open, then I can visit my Dad in Belen, NM from Denver.

Not to derail this topic which is about the ABQ supercharger... but understand that the issue isn't about sales, which is what everyone focuses on (including the media) when a state controlled by its local auto dealer association bans Tesla from doing business. Sales schmales. You're right, just order online, no big deal. It is *service* that matters. And when service is banned in an entire state, especially for an American car, it creates owner frustration.

But I digress. Back to the ABQ supercharger, the opening of which will only help matters in New Mexico.

If anybody crosses paths with the construction crew, see if they have any intel on Trinidad, CO or Amarillo, TX

I spoke to them again Monday afternoon and they said their company has bids in for Las Vegas and Denton, TX, but we didn't discuss any other locations. He did say that they have built SC's in other states, and the contract decisions are a complicated process with Tesla. The award for LV is expected this week.

Spoke briefly with the workers today. There will be a total of 6 charging bays. Four on the south side and 2 on the east side of he southeast corner of the Applebee's restaurant parking lot on Menaul Blvd.

They were super nice, very friendly and excited to talk about their work. So great to see young people with good jobs and excited to do them.

Yahoo!

Maybe I'll get to see some Tesla's soon. My poor neck is getting a cramp from twisting around looking for them in traffic here! What a relief!