Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I inherited some property off manhatten blvd ( westbank new orleans) i submitted it to teslas site for a supercharger request it seems like an ideal location since it was across the street from an entire shopping center,macdonald,starbucks etc, as well as next door to a carwash.. we'll see what they say

Well, I have some observations / Good news.

While stopping to charge, we wandered into the Holiday Inn Lobby. Seems that EDDIE'S opened about four or five days ago. They have pretty decent po-boy sandwiches, an assortment of other foods, etc. Even a full bar to service your passenger needs.

I met Larry, the manager, and he needed a bit of education as to what those red and white loop looking things were in the parking lot. We seemed to have the whole place to ourselves and all 11 employees were our personal service workers.

Do not hesitate to go in there for a lunch or whatever.

WJ

I'm driving to Marksville, LA from College Station TX next week. Per EVtripplanner I need to top off in Huntsville TX then make the ~225 RM drive to Alexandria where I plan to top it off since I don't have reliable destination charger at the Hampton Inn in Mansura LA although I called and they said there is a basic plug accessible from the parking lot. Nice to see there are some places nearby to visit in Alexandria I will post updates after next weekend.

I had no issues with this SC despite a few spots being ICE'd up each time I visited. On the way up in the afternoon we went to Crave which is a block away. Nice coffee shop/pastry place. We intended to go by Ember the following Sunday for brunch but they were closed for vacation starting that day (July 2) for the whole week. Ooops! We went to the Holiday Inn and had breakfast instead which was very good. That Holiday Inn is pretty dang nice.

Overall I was impressed with downtown Alexandria, looks like they are really trying to revitalize the old buildings.

Stopped here on Sunday and found 3 of the chargers cordoned off with "caution" tape and one of the remaining units blocked by a Ford SUV. See photos below.
Tesla confirms the three units are under repair for low power output.
The blocking SUV was unexpected; as on this Sunday afternoon the parking lot was practically empty except for a few idle police cars and the personal cars of officers.
The restaurant inside the Holiday Inn is now called The Levee. While the menu is modest, the food was very good and the service excellent.
IMG_0085.jpg
IMG_0086.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Stopped at this site about 2 weeks ago. Apparently management at the Holiday Inn Express got the word about ICEing and had placed traffic cones to block 5 of the 6 stalls, leaving only the one closest to the center entrance open.

The site location is a few blocks off the interstate, but the surrounding historic buildings make it a pleasant stop.

BTW, the burgers and fries at the hotel restaurant were delicious and highly recommended.

Been here in June and last weekend. No ICEing. 4 stalls coned off, hotel does that. Apparently complaints to the PO-lice have stopped their ICEing.
Well lit, feels secure. A few blocks off the Interstate, but really no biggie. Old old downtown trying to come back.
The Holiday Inn deserves thanks, their restrooms are clean, very nice lobby. I pick up a couple of sodas and a snack, and pay the typical hotel lobby prices as thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Went back through round trip this weekend. All 8 stalls open, no issues noted. The restaurant and bar at the Holiday Inn is back open, the folks there are happy to see you whether you buy anything or not. Spotless restrooms, nice place.
In the times I have been through there, ICEing has not been an issue. The building against which the stalls sit is the Parish bankruptcy court. some of the officials therein used to park there and protested by ICEing, but apparently that issue has been contained.
There is a live carillon in the church next door, we had a nice time listening to the concert.