Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Facebook group meetup in Alexandria. Full loaded the superchargers, everyone was getting 150+ kw!

221A3DA2-4275-48ED-80C4-75A24EB369AA.jpeg
794F8569-BB74-49D4-AC53-E129368336EC.jpeg
2E2C138D-7237-4956-8C1C-5DC4F7217487.jpeg
75B9E338-7799-4F9A-A55A-B3009C6E23BF.jpeg

I charged here last night. Works fine. Stayed at the AmericInn. It was okay and it's walkable from the supercharger so definitely serviceable for those overnighting in Alexandria. They also have lots of L1 outlets in their parking lot if you want to top off the last little bit. It was a good thing I did because it allowed me to skip Sioux Falls. Went from Alex straight to Mitchell (via Walnut Grove) where I am charging now. Another option is the Chargepoint L2s next to the supercharger. I believe they are FREE but I did not use them so not 100% sure.

• Informative
Reactions: XHabjab
Yeah, the SC at Alex worked perfectly this afternoon. Got almost 130kW at just under 50% SOC, so pretty good. No other Tesla’s there. I used the stall right next the Level 2 chargers. Still shows offline in the nav. And, no miles pulled from my loot box yet, so maybe free charging! (I’ll have to wait a couple days to confirm that though...)

This supercharger is down with orange temporary fencing surrounding it. I'm glad there's the ZEF charger just down the road.
Any indication in the Nav? Most people can skip this one if they charge to full in Fargo or Clearwater, but it would be brutal to show up with a low battery and not have this one working. It's not as if there are other superchargers nearby.

Yes, it's down in the nav. I just navigated directly to it without checking if it was up, and it didn't warn me.
Weird. Usually if the Nav shows it as down, it will give you a warning as you try to navigate to it. In fact, I've even had a supercharger go down while I was navigating to it and the Nav warned me in the middle of my trip. Both times it was due to electricity going out in the area of the supercharger, one time due to a lightning storm and another just a local outage in the parking lot where the supercharger was.

Does anyone know why nav shows Alexandria as a temporary closure again?
I just got back from a very long trip and approximately 5% of the superchargers would either disappear from the Nav entirely or show as a Temporary Closure. I came to the conclusion that it was a bug in the software. Of course occasionally, a site really does go down so this type of false negative is fairly disconcerting.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
I just got back from a very long trip and approximately 5% of the superchargers would either disappear from the Nav entirely or show as a Temporary Closure. I came to the conclusion that it was a bug in the software. Of course occasionally, a site really does go down so this type of false negative is fairly disconcerting.
Thanks. 😩kind of frustrating to hear that.
This is good to keep in mind.
I almost stopped to check but just continued on to Clearwater.
Next time I will check

Thanks. 😩kind of frustrating to hear that.
This is good to keep in mind.
I almost stopped to check but just continued on to Clearwater.
Next time I will check
Yeah if it's not much of a diversion, and Alexandria isn't, you should definitely stop by and check. Of course the real problem is that in cases like this one, you have to plan for it not to work which means charging to near full at Fargo or Clearwater.