Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been away from these boards for a while, so I don't know if this has been discussed, but I noticed on Plugshare that ZEF has Chademo stations showing under construction all the way up to Fargo.

I don't know the details beyond what is on Plugshare, but this is a nice development for those anxious for 94 to be Supercharged.
Coming from the Twin Cities you could make Fargo, chademo charge and make it to central ND before there is any real charging problem solving needed.

Good find, OTD! Didn’t know that it was “13” (11 Tesla-dedicated), but location is what I was told. Good to know it’s likely starting in spring. Means a bit more when it’s in print, as opposed to just a Tesla Target Date on its website

Oh I hope it is sooner :(
Mid Q2 would sure be nice. I need to get that way again and boy does slow equal not fun.

See Schom's link to the planning meeting minutes:
Minnesota Minutes said:
Ms. Davis commented they are looking to start building in the spring.

Alexandria climate average temperatures:
March: 36° / 19°
April: 54° / 33°

So, starting in Spring would suggest late 2019Q2/early 2019Q3

As of yesterday, Clearwater rate was $0.23/kWh. (up from $0.21?) I would be surprised if the rate on the future Alexandria charger were any different than the rest of the MN superchargers.

The Alexandria site can't come soon enough... Thanks to last night's blizzard and the lack of fast chargers in this corridor i rolled into Clearwater at 2%. Using heat only to occasionally defrost and speeds under 60mph I was still at 340Wh/mi. Of course the 20mph headwind didn't help this number at all.