Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alexandria, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The lack of pace of the chargers on I-94 has been excruciating. There’s a ton of commerce and traffic on the I-94 corridor from Fargo through the lakes area and on into MSP.

We purchased an S and an X on the promise these would be live a couple of years ago. Feels like a total sell job in retrospect. We love the vehicles overall, however, this promised but incomplete corridor is breeding some resentment with those of us that are connected with the western half of MN.

If I was more sophisticated and influential I’d try a petition or something that could take these promises to completion.
I agree, one detail, we were promised, not given it in writing, the devil is in that detail :) :(

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I agree, one detail, we were promised, not given it in writing, the devil is in that detail :) :(

The Supercharger map that Telsa publishes could be considered, "in writing."

After my deposit became non-refundable in 2014, Tesla changed the 2015 Supercharger map for northern MN. I called them and made a stink, because I was going to by a Leaf if not for the Supercharger network. Anyway, they offered me 4 HPWC's to be installed at businesses I could find, in the areas that I traveled, that were willing to host the HPWCs. This basically became the Destination Charger program. Point being, make a stink/noise/complaint, it may get some traction.

Literally three single Supercharger kiosks could bridge the gap from Clearwater to Billings, allowing for one overnight L2 stay. (787 miles).

• Love
The Supercharger map that Telsa publishes could be considered, "in writing."
Sure, it could. But not in any way that supports a reading of a written promise like you are suggesting because the "writing" on the map for future locations includes the following quite prominently, "Target opening in year. Exact timing and specific location may vary." Meaning they are explicitly NOT promising that a supercharger will be built in a specific location/area or within a certain time frame. Though maybe this isn't how they were annotating their map in 2014/2015. I don't know.

Regardless, it's certainly true that the way they've set it up can be easily misleading. Which is unfortunate as it is in no way necessary. It's no surprise that plenty of owners will feel the same understandable resentment when sites have been listed for multiple years without any sign of progress.

Rumor is that utilities have been marked at the site. Design work hopefully underway.
I work nearby - There's an apartment complex being built nearby that is having fiber run to it - the markings run along the street down to the lot. It's likely not for the supercharger unfortunately. The front of the target lot WAS marked, but seems to have had the flags removed...

I work nearby - There's an apartment complex being built nearby that is having fiber run to it - the markings run along the street down to the lot. It's likely not for the supercharger unfortunately. The front of the target lot WAS marked, but seems to have had the flags removed...
The company doing survey/design for Fargo (and now, Grand Forks) appears to be based nearby too:
from the thred -
SURVEY INFORMATION
Surveyor: J****************
Phone: 320-460-7110 Ext:
Company: DESIGN TREE ENGINEERING
Address: 120 17TH AVENUE W. ALEXANDRIA MN 56308

Surprising nothing's happening in Alexandria.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: neroden and TylerB
Potential update? There's a crew doing some backhoe work, but it may be unrelated... fingers crossed.

67116549_10215099669352828_7387501151081463808_n.jpg 67318769_10215099662752663_5491381898598940672_n.jpg

Yeah, all those pics are the crew for CenturyLink. His first picture (the one with the Target sign and the transformer) is exactly the corner of the parking lot where the SC is going.

Yup, which is why I'm somewhat doubting that they're doing anything for the supercharger site - they're working along the curb. If anything is different tonight when I leave from work I'll update.

• Informative
Point being, make a stink/noise/complaint, it may get some traction.

Literally three single Supercharger kiosks could bridge the gap from Clearwater to Billings, allowing for one overnight L2 stay. (787 miles).
FWIW, they never do singles (which is wise); smallest I've seen is 6 stalls.

But yeah, this should have been done last year.

Canmore Alberta is I think 4 stalls. But it's been there a while and I read there are plans to expand it.
There are also 4 stalls at Kamloops, Revelstoke and Golden, BC. I had busy issues at all, though some of it was due to equipment problems. Absolutely need 8+ stalls in most areas, though V3 may alleviate some congestion. Remember, they’re building out for the Y and Truck as well as the 3.

• Informative
They're really starting to get annoying with all of the teasing going on... local engineering firm is on site doing more electrical / ground work. Although from some documents i've seen it's most likely for some road expansions they're planning on doing, and NOT the supercharger.
Done getting my hopes up until I see pallets with tesla logos on them. :p

1.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Informative
Reactions: lightfoot3b