Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Altamonte Springs, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of, does the Tesla store in Eatonville have charging access for owners? I've not seen charging access at that store shown on the maps, but that seems odd.

They definitely do not. I was there in for service a week or two ago and was a bit surprised that they had only charged my car to about 70%. Normally after service it comes back charged to 90%. I asked the service advisor about it and he said that they only have two chargers for the service center to use, but at that time one was down, so they were limiting the charge serviced vehicles got so they could still provide some charge to everyone as the one charger they had left was running flat out. There are no customer accessible chargers at this location.

• Informative
Reactions: suwaneedad
I am sure now the planned SuperCharger in Winter Park will be up & working way before Altamonte Springs gets the parking circus figured out.

Has anyone informed WESH or any of the local news about the parking circus holding up the opening of the SuperCharger?

I grew up in Altamonte, moons ago. This is embarrassing. Any town should want to support SCs because it attracts higher income people to nearby shops...so obvious. SMH.

Thanks everyone for pointing out that the SC is not operational though. I'm heading there from ATL next wk and had planned to arrive at this SC on 'fumes' to charge for my local use while in town...will make other SC arrangements. Speaking of, does the Tesla store in Eatonville have charging access for owners? I've not seen charging access at that store shown on the maps, but that seems odd.
I don't believe so. There's not a lot of space at that location and the only chargers I've seen there are indoors.

I was at the Altamonte Springs SC station 2 days ago and it still was not operational. Half the parking spaces were ICEd. These spaces are some of the closest to Whole foods, so I imagine ICEING will forever be a problem here. I went to the Orlando (Sand Lake) SC instead. It's in the Wawa parking lot. What a zoo there. Heavy traffic at Wawa on the weekend. One way in and out.

I was at the Altamonte Springs SC station 2 days ago and it still was not operational. Half the parking spaces were ICEd. These spaces are some of the closest to Whole foods, so I imagine ICEING will forever be a problem here. I went to the Orlando (Sand Lake) SC instead. It's in the Wawa parking lot. What a zoo there. Heavy traffic at Wawa on the weekend. One way in and out.

The heavy traffic was due to a Volley Ball tournament and Diabetes convention going on at the Convention center.

• Helpful
Reactions: gavine
Last I checked there was no electric drop to the transformer.
Hi Andy,
When was that? Remember, this installation was briefly operational, posting #81, so it must have had a connection at one time. It's possible that switches at the cable pole and/or transformer are now opened to disable the station. I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with permitting, not with any utility work that has yet to be completed.

Larry

Hi Andy,
When was that? Remember, this installation was briefly operational, posting #81, so it must have had a connection at one time. It's possible that switches at the cable pole and/or transformer are now opened to disable the station. I'm pretty sure the problem has to do with permitting, not with any utility work that has yet to be completed.

Larry
How do you verify permitting?

I was at this SC in Altamonte the other day and called the number posted on the stalls. They had no idea this SC was not operational.

I think that their website has shown it as "Coming Soon" for quite some time.
[Also, another thing they need to fix is the city name].

Capture33.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: gavine
4 out of 8 iced. Gotta get this permitting and signs fixed ASAP.

View attachment 314877

What does it matter if the spots are ICEd? If the City does not allow the Superchargers to be powered up due to not enough parking there will never be a need for Tesla owners to go there. Maybe just the opposite, Tesla owners should boycott this city....

What does it matter if the spots are ICEd? If the City does not allow the Superchargers to be powered up due to not enough parking there will never be a need for Tesla owners to go there. Maybe just the opposite, Tesla owners should boycott this city....
I agree. First, Tesla has to resolve the parking permit issue with the city. Then Tesla has to install signage which hopefully will in some way restrict ICE parking in charging parking spaces. Then if there continues to be an ICEing problem after the Supercharger Station is operational, the manager of the nearby Whole Foods needs to be approached since I believe that his tacit approval of his employees parking there is the real source of the ICEing problems.

Larry