Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Altamonte Springs, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Altamonte Charger is Live!

Attachments

• 73D894B4-FAF4-4C40-AEE4-0E38EBFCE007.jpeg
    73D894B4-FAF4-4C40-AEE4-0E38EBFCE007.jpeg
    489.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 7FDD8475-2F42-41E3-9977-3B2367F6CC82.jpeg
    7FDD8475-2F42-41E3-9977-3B2367F6CC82.jpeg
    597.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 9C06974D-DFCE-4C31-8DF1-4EC91D7D9944.jpeg
    9C06974D-DFCE-4C31-8DF1-4EC91D7D9944.jpeg
    572.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 6734BF64-C13C-47D0-90B2-EE69BFFD66FD.jpeg
    6734BF64-C13C-47D0-90B2-EE69BFFD66FD.jpeg
    613.7 KB · Views: 115
  • E8AE90E9-8750-4FD0-AB04-7CD7A250CC35.jpeg
    E8AE90E9-8750-4FD0-AB04-7CD7A250CC35.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 87244F0F-7281-4DA9-AA1E-38EB1FFE3CCD.jpeg
    87244F0F-7281-4DA9-AA1E-38EB1FFE3CCD.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 120
I was there yesterday 5/27 and there were only 2 spaces available when I arrived as the other spaces were ICED. There are no signs posted or anything. This was my first time at a SC and was shocked that I almost couldnt charge because of ICE vehicles hogging the spaces. Also, on my map the Altamonte SC showed available stalls and then when I was about 2 miles away it said temporarily closed, however it worked and charged no problem.. it is still showing temporarily closed on the map.. anyone else seeing temporary closed?

Attachments

• IMG_3225.jpg
    IMG_3225.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 83
Savvy333 said:
"This was my first time at a SC"......"Altamonte SC showed available stalls and then when I was about 2 miles away it said temporarily closed, however it worked and charged no problem.. it is still showing temporarily closed on the map.. anyone else seeing temporary closed?"

Sorry you had a bad first time SC experience. I have used SCs in throughout FL and in different states on trips for over 5 years without any significant issues. Although ICE vehicles when new SC locations open up can be a problem until they get the message not to park in spots.

My model S monitor displayed Altamonte SC open and all 8 stalls available minus the one ICED vehicle I saw today. However, when I got home I noticed when I checked my model 3 monitor display map, it did not show the Altamonte SC on the map at all, much less any stalls open. Strange. Probably just a map update not yet received.

• Helpful
Reactions: X Fan
When I tried the new SC today which worked great, I noticed one of the spaces was ICED today also.
I purchased some of these printed courtesy notices but did not have any with me to use unfortunately.
Charging Hang Tag / Courtesy Notice Bundle
Perhaps Tesla just hasn't placed their signs as of yet. As more Tesla's SC at the same time, perhaps ICEing will decrease.View attachment 304497
Where might I get these courtesy notice flyers?
When I tried the new SC today which worked great, I noticed one of the spaces was ICED today also.
I purchased some of these printed courtesy notices but did not have any with me to use unfortunately.
Charging Hang Tag / Courtesy Notice Bundle
Perhaps Tesla just hasn't placed their signs as of yet. As more Tesla's SC at the same time, perhaps ICEing will decrease.View attachment 304497

I guess I was lucky to get in a short 20 minute charge on Monday before Tesla took it off line Tuesday. I had stopped on the way home from a trip since my map on the monitor indicated it was online at the time. Now that I think about it, my screen did say no power the first time I plugged it in the SC. But I plugged SC in a second time and wa la, worked.

I guess I was lucky to get in a short 20 minute charge on Monday before Tesla took it off line Tuesday. I had stopped on the way home from a trip since my map on the monitor indicated it was online at the time. Now that I think about it, my screen did say no power the first time I plugged it in the SC. But I plugged SC in a second time and wa la, worked.
Hi George,

Another one of our club members stopped by yesterday. He reported the following:

At the Altamonte supercharger today and the technician there was shutting down the power due to technicalities related to permitting from the city. He estimates it will be back up sometime by the end of the week or early next week.

Larry

A local resident brought the situation to the attention of the Altamonte Springs local government and received the following email from the Assistant to the City Manager:

Altamonte Springs Supercharger Parking Problems.jpg

The initial response from the City is not encouraging and suggests that there may never be Tesla signage limiting general parking unless their position changes. I have sent an email to the Tesla Manager responsible for Charging Infrastructure describing the issue and requesting feedback. I have not yet received a response.

Larry

A local resident brought the situation to the attention of the Altamonte Springs local government and received the following email from the Assistant to the City Manager:

View attachment 306128
The initial response from the City is not encouraging and suggests that there may never be Tesla signage limiting general parking unless their position changes. I have sent an email to the Tesla Manager responsible for Charging Infrastructure describing the issue and requesting feedback. I have not yet received a response.

Larry
Would FL Statute 366.94 not supersede Altamonte signage ? If they don’t restrict it with “Tesla Only” signs could we not push to have EV Parking Only with the FL Statute referenced and noting possible fines?