Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Amarillo, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whoops! I didn't see the sign! Well at least I wasn't holding anyone up! I was hoping to meet up with other Tesla Owners along the route but I was the lone Tesla on all Superchargers! :smile:

I'm just glad that now when someone here in Lubbock says "Hey, I saw your car at (questionable location)," I can now honestly say, "Oh, that wasn't me. There's another one in town." :biggrin:

At all the other super chargers I get ~380v and up to 315amps.

At Amarillo it's about 60% of normal for me. Seriously I think I'm being throttled. I can confirm its existence.

I charged at the Amarillo SC yesterday (11/7, about 1:15 PM). I got full rate, 120 kW. There are 8 stalls, I only charged from the first one I pulled into, and I can't remember which one that was.

Did you try other stalls to see if the charge rate improved?

Was your battery cold-soaked? I briefly charged at the Albuquerque SuperCharger on the evening of 11/7, and got full rate. I topped off this morning 11/8, but because the pack was at 46 degrees it limited me to 200 A.

I have tried 1B,2A,3A, and 4A.

Temps were 65 - 72 degrees.

I haven't called Tesla. After my last test, I let it top up to 200 RM so it may take a few days to try again.

I charged at the Amarillo SC yesterday (11/7, about 1:15 PM). I got full rate, 120 kW. There are 8 stalls, I only charged from the first one I pulled into, and I can't remember which one that was.

Did you try other stalls to see if the charge rate improved?

Was your battery cold-soaked? I briefly charged at the Albuquerque SuperCharger on the evening of 11/7, and got full rate. I topped off this morning 11/8, but because the pack was at 46 degrees it limited me to 200 A.

Reddy, we are planning on coming to Amarillo on Saturday to see a movie and mostly eat at the Big Texan Steakhouse, I'll supercharge in a different stall and let you know what the charging rate is, but most likely I think it'll be high.

Hey Reddy and others from North Texas. We're thinking about driving to Pasadena from Arkansas for the Rose Bowl next week. (50-50 chance) We would be traveling through the Amarillo area on Wednesday (12/30). I see you're expecting some heavy snow on Sunday followed by some cold temps. Do they clear the roads quickly? Are we crazy to even attempt this trip? Any suggestions would be helpful. Will be driving in my 2014 S 85. Thanks in advance!
Projected itinerary: Stop in Shamrock, TX Tues (12/29) Stop in Winslow, AZ (12/30) LA area 12/31

Does anyone know who runs supercharge.info? This location is marked in the wrong place. There are two Holiday Inn hotels, both have chargers, but one has normal HPWC, the other one has the Supercharger. The locator on the map is pointing to the hotel with the normal chargers. The Superchargers are on the other side at
Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
8231 W Amarillo Blvd
Amarillo, TX 79124

Does anyone know who runs supercharge.info? This location is marked in the wrong place. There are two Holiday Inn hotels, both have chargers, but one has normal HPWC, the other one has the Supercharger. The locator on the map is pointing to the hotel with the normal chargers. The Superchargers are on the other side at
Holiday Inn Amarillo West Medical Center
8231 W Amarillo Blvd
Amarillo, TX 79124

You can find this info under the "About" tab on supercharge.info

This site was created by Tesla forum member Blueshift. Tesla enthusiasts from around the globe have contributed by sending notification of new sites, status updates, and corrections. Anyone may email [email protected] with new information. Include a link to the information source in emails if possible. This site is updated daily. The latest version can also be found on TESLARATI.com at Interactive Tesla Supercharger Map.

I Supercharged at Amarillo last Tuesday, 12/29/2015, and agree that the supercharge info marker is off. However, most of the other sources are also a little off compared to what my car reported.

Code:
[B][FONT=courier new]                                  [U] Latitude  [/U] [U]  Longitude [/U][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=courier new]Supercharge.info details say      35.192198,  -101.933371
Teslamotors.com/supercharger uses 35.2944749, -101.6536839
Google Maps shows                 35.1889898, -101.932949 (for "Tesla Supercharger Amarillo")
[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=courier new]My Model S was Supercharged at    35.154078,  -103.723642 (according to Visible Tesla -> trips)
[/FONT][/B]

John

I Supercharged at Amarillo last Tuesday, 12/29/2015, and agree that the supercharge info marker is off. However, most of the other sources are also a little off compared to what my car reported.

Code:
[B][FONT=courier new]                                  [U] Latitude  [/U] [U]  Longitude [/U][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=courier new]Supercharge.info details say      35.192198,  -101.933371
Teslamotors.com/supercharger uses 35.2944749, -101.6536839
Google Maps shows                 35.1889898, -101.932949 (for "Tesla Supercharger Amarillo")
[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=courier new]My Model S was Supercharged at    35.154078,  -103.723642 (according to Visible Tesla -> trips)
[/FONT][/B]

John

I used the picture at Supercharger - Amarillo, Texas - Page 16 and the Telsa Nav screen (see below) to get the location. Setting a marker in Google Earth, I get
35.189013°, -101.931480°
as the best location for the center of the stalls. See the second picture below for a Google Earth Screen Shot.

When approaching an unfamiliar Supercharger, I regularly use the technique of zooming the Nav all the way in and using the "Satellite" view. The location using that technique has always been spot on. Also, the Sat view let's me get local references for finding the Supercharger in the middle of a shopping center parking lot, etc.

Note that using 1 millionth of a degree precision used above, is far more resolution than needed. 1 millionth of a degree is about 10 cm or 4 inches in latitude and less than than in longitude.

Tesla Nav:
Supercharger-Amarillo.JPG

Google Earth Screen Shot:
Supercharger-Amarillo-Google Earth.jpg

Last edited: