Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Amarillo, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to A Better Route Planner "This charger has limited access or function and is not used in automatic planning." Is there a problem with the SC currently?
It was working as of last Wednesday when I stopped there, but now that I'm trying to head back that way I can confirm that navigation says reduced service. Three of the stalls were out of service when I went by before. If anyone can confirm locally, that would be great!

It was working as of last Wednesday when I stopped there, but now that I'm trying to head back that way I can confirm that navigation says reduced service. Three of the stalls were out of service when I went by before. If anyone can confirm locally, that would be great!
According to A Better Route Planner "This charger has limited access or function and is not used in automatic planning." Is there a problem with the SC currently?
Update: I called Tesla support and they said that four out of eight of the stalls are out of service but that the other four should be working normally still.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and wjax
Power fluctuated up and down when we used this yesterday, was overall pretty slow, we actually bailed and just hit Childress on the way out of town in the morning instead. We were not charged (showed $0 on the screen and my supercharging credits were not used in my account).

Evidence for my reported issue. At the end there someone showed up to split the charger and that's when we just gave up
Screenshot_20210710-182650_TezLab~2.jpg

I have a question about this charger. I stipped by in December and charged, got billed for it, no big deal. Today I read a post that supercharging in Amarillo is free and has been that way since November? What is the truth here and if I got charged in error how do I dispute it?

I have a question about this charger. I stipped by in December and charged, got billed for it, no big deal. Today I read a post that supercharging in Amarillo is free and has been that way since November? What is the truth here and if I got charged in error how do I dispute it?

I think it's a bit like the vending machine that was kicking out two sodas every time. Now it only kicks out one. It was just a glitch and they fixed the glitch. Unfortunately nothing to be disputed.

Where did you read that it was free?
I've charged there several times and never had a free charge.
It could have been like the Supercharger located at Collings Street Bakery in Waco, sometimes you get free charging there which is paid for by CSB, but you don't find that out until you check the bill.

Where did you read that it was free?
I've charged there several times and never had a free charge.
It could have been like the Supercharger located at Collings Street Bakery in Waco, sometimes you get free charging there which is paid for by CSB, but you don't find that out until you check the bill.
A guy that claimed to live there on Facebook. Not the most reliable source so I asked here.

I thought it was a strange that a person that lives in the city of a supercharger would even know what the price would be. I've never even thought of using the supercharger in my hometown but everyone's situation is different.

Reactions: Twiglett
We charged at Amarillo several times in August, November and December of 2021 and were not charged for any of those sessions. I had wondered about who was footing the bill for it, bit since it was consistent, did not consider it a glitch.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: nwdiver