Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Anaheim, CA (LIVE 15 May 2019, 14 urban stalls, expansion permit Aug 2021)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw that construction has started on some new Superchargers in the Target parking lot of the Festival Center (91fwy and Weir Canyon).

Here's a flyer that was sent out as well. Looks like 14 stalls + 4 other stalls

View media item 119490
This is roughly where it is. I'll try to get some pics soon

Google Maps

Attachments

• 53625590_10219221155825436_6384433623822499840_n.jpg
    53625590_10219221155825436_6384433623822499840_n.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 153
The building permit is BLD2018-03898, applied for last August 24th and issued March 4th. The description doesn't give any indication that it would be V3 (which is expected since Elon said that the first V3 would break ground next month).

Miscellaneous: Install 7-Tesla supercharger cabinets with concrete pads, 14-Tesla charging stations, 1-QED switchgear assembly, 1-utility transformer, 2-level 2 chargers, 1-stepdown transformer, 1-200A distribution panel, 2-pedestrian light poles and fixtures.

The building permit is BLD2018-03898, applied for last August 24th and issued March 4th. The description doesn't give any indication that it would be V3 (which is expected since Elon said that the first V3 would break ground next month).
Thanks for finding that permit number.

Does that mean they'll be Superchargers instead of Urban Chargers?
The permit description does not contain enough information to answer that question, as near as I can tell.

Reactions: MIT_S60
Does that mean they'll be Superchargers instead of Urban Chargers?

It could be either 120kW (soon to be 145kW) or 72 kW.

The permit description does not contain enough information to answer that question, as near as I can tell.

I guess I'm expecting batteries in addition to the supercharger cabinets and switchgear for the 250kW superchargers, but we won't know until we see one being installed. Hopefully someone can swing by and take pictures of the supercharger cabinets.

It doesn’t matter, this location will probably always be full with the amount of locals with Tesla’s nearby. Nevertheless, it’ll be a great addition for the northern part of OC!
We normally fly to visit our San Diego son since my wife works for Southwest Airlines, but this statement must strike fear into anyone who thinks about a car trip to Southern California. Hopefully the new, more powerful Superchargers will reduce the gridlock.

Good to also see San Diego finally get more Supercharger sites — not to say Orange County’s need is met either — but obviously the growth in Tesla CA sales is far faster than growth in numbers of SoCal Superchargers.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIT_S60
Just saw that construction has started on some new Superchargers in the Target parking lot of the Festival Center (91fwy and Weir Canyon).

Here's a flyer that was sent out as well. Looks like 14 stalls + 4 other stalls

View media item 119490
This is roughly where it is. I'll try to get some pics soon

Google Maps

Just took this shot. Nice addition to the neighborhood....even though we will be charging at home. Anyone know if it is a v3 site? If so, we have a relatively new X and can see if it makes a difference.
Anaheim Hills SC.jpeg

We normally fly to visit our San Diego son since my wife works for Southwest Airlines, but this statement must strike fear into anyone who thinks about a car trip to Southern California. Hopefully the new, more powerful Superchargers will reduce the gridlock.

Good to also see San Diego finally get more Supercharger sites — not to say Orange County’s need is met either — but obviously the growth in Tesla CA sales is far faster than growth in numbers of SoCal Superchargers.

For those who have not heard, Yorba Linda has the nickname of Teslatown: the town has a very high number of Teslas, to the point of being amusing. Yorba Linda is on the north side of the freeway from this new Supercharger station, but most of the population lives in homes. Hopefully, they will charge at home.

Update on 25MAR19. Lots of progress. I spoke with the senior guy on site today:
1. The heavy concrete will be done tomorrow, and the construction crew will move on.
2. A total of 18 chargers are provided for. The wiring to all 18 was said to be the same. The super said, "I don't know why Tesla just don't do them all." I suppose he was suggesting that Tesla might do all 18 stalls if no other charger companies want those spots.
3. I asked if the site would have battery cabinets, and he said they would, adding that it would have all the latest stuff.
4. Photo today:
Anaheim SC 25MAR19.jpeg
Anaheim SC Cabinets.jpeg

Thanks for the updates. I haven't been to too many Super Chargers since I got my Tesla, but what struck me as odd with this bunch of chargers is how they're not along a 'back wall'. With these it's like you could charge from either side. I don't know if I've ever seen one like that before.

Thanks for the updates. I haven't been to too many Super Chargers since I got my Tesla, but what struck me as odd with this bunch of chargers is how they're not along a 'back wall'. With these it's like you could charge from either side. I don't know if I've ever seen one like that before.
What I see is an excavation strip that 7 parking spaces in length. I suspect the pedestals will be arranged so that there are 14 pedestals in that length and you can back into any of 14 parking spaces to charge.