Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service and Delivery Centre - Alexandria NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A new DA has gone in on the City of Sydney's site for what appears to be a delivery centre, also a second Sydney service centre, in Alexandria - along with six 24/7 supercharger stalls.

It is at 118-124 Bourke Rd, Alexandria 2015.

DA link: City of Sydney - Online Business

Location in the context of CBD/Airport:

upload_2017-9-23_23-56-9.png

Will send this through to supercharge.info now :)

Last edited:
Nice find, Chuq. I suggest anyone interested download the "Statement of EE + Appendices" document from the City of Sydney DA page above. That 101 page document tells you everything about the proposal. It will be a service and distribution centre with 6 supercharger bays. It will not be a showroom or retail centre.

New cars will be shipped by truck from the Port of Sydney to the centre, they claim 2-3 cars per day during busy periods and 1 per week in quiet periods (?). The SoEE has full architectural plans in it and lots of other information about how the site will work.

The SoEE has some clunky writing in it - it looks like no-one from Tesla proof-read it. Things like "Tesla was launched with the ‘Roadster” battery technology". Er, no.

Alexandria is not far from me, so this will be where I will pick up my Model 3!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Surprised they've only gone with 6 SC spots. It seems like SC's are getting bigger everywhere else in the world in preparation for model 3. 6 seems a little underdone for a service centre where Tesla owned cars tend to take up most of the spots

Surprised they've only gone with 6 SC spots. It seems like SC's are getting bigger everywhere else in the world in preparation for model 3. 6 seems a little underdone for a service centre where Tesla owned cars tend to take up most of the spots
It's not a bad start, they can probably add more pretty easily if it's their own site. Star City only had 4, so this is actually more.
It's a great location too, the city would have been a PITA.

It looks like they went with 6 because there is an existing fence and gate on the site, and precisely 6 spots are outside that gate. It means they can lock up the site securely and have the SCs available 24/7.

No doubt they'll have a stack of HPWCs inside for topping up customer cars.

Hope the parking is better than it is at St Leonards....

Is parking bad at St Leonards?

Planning on using the superchargers there after my trip from Melbourne - is this likely to be a problem? I know the superchargers are often all in use at Melbourne especially during business hours. I think 4 isn't really enough, but they seem to be somewhat constrained for space. Are they are times I should try and avoid in Sydney?

I had a look, unfortunately my Tesla doesn't seem to report how many free stalls there are in Sydney. Not sure if this is because I am too far away (does this matter?) or because this feature isn't supported on all superchargers yet.

Is parking bad at St Leonards?

Planning on using the superchargers there after my trip from Melbourne - is this likely to be a problem? I know the superchargers are often all in use at Melbourne especially during business hours. I think 4 isn't really enough, but they seem to be somewhat constrained for space. Are they are times I should try and avoid in Sydney?

I had a look, unfortunately my Tesla doesn't seem to report how many free stalls there are in Sydney. Not sure if this is because I am too far away (does this matter?) or because this feature isn't supported on all superchargers yet.

You should be able to see number of free stalls at artarmon(st Leonard’s). There’s usually hire cars taking up a couple of the spots. Parking is difficult because of the design of the glass wall that faces the car spots. 2b, 3a and 3b (from memory) are difficult to get into. Easiest way if you have to use these is to reverse direction (ie turn the car to face the opposite direction to that which the entrance and exit have you going). Personally I think they should swap the entrance and exits..