Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger and Service center: Houston, Texas @ Airtex Industrial Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Channelview supercharger is probably not available, the Holiday Inn parking lot had about 1/2 foot of standing water in it.

North Houston supercharger is largely inaccessible due to closure of I-45 North Freeway.

Victoria supercharger is unknown -- Tesla Nav says it's available, but whether you can get to it or not is questionable.

Columbus supercharger is listed as temporary closure on the Tesla Nav.

Channelview supercharger is probably not available, the Holiday Inn parking lot had about 1/2 foot of standing water in it.

North Houston supercharger is largely inaccessible due to closure of I-45 North Freeway.

Victoria supercharger is unknown -- Tesla Nav says it's available, but whether you can get to it or not is questionable.

Columbus supercharger is listed as temporary closure on the Tesla Nav.
The hotel where the Columbus supercharger is located was severely flooded when we went through there on Monday afternoon. I'm not sure how much it takes to repair a flooded supercharger, but it may be down for a while. Flatonia was high and dry.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
The hotel where the Columbus supercharger is located was severely flooded when we went through there on Monday afternoon. I'm not sure how much it takes to repair a flooded supercharger, but it may be down for a while. Flatonia was high and dry.
Do you suppose Tesla might permanently close Columbus at some time and move operations to Flatonia? Columbus seems to have a recurring flood problem and Flatonia is only 30 miles west.

Do you suppose Tesla might permanently close Columbus at some time and move operations to Flatonia? Columbus seems to have a recurring flood problem and Flatonia is only 30 miles west.
No. Columbus is needed for Austin-Houston. Flatonia being 30 miles west means it's 30 miles west of the cutoff of Hwy 71 to Austin. Columbus is built to handle floods and it's only been out of operation a few days total out of the 4 years it's been there.

If the ground floor of that Comfort Inn flooded it means most of the Supercharger pedestal was underwater - those things asre way below the finished floor of the building. Impressive if back online.

Might be wise to set arbitrary minimum altitude for Super Chargers at, say, 200ft. Might be good for another decade or two.
--
Would want to rate your post "funny" but it is not funny. Increased sea level is for real. No argument about global warming here. I know the data are correlational, not causal. But I am proud to drive an electric car just the same.

Reactions: MMC-
Any update on whether Columbus is on-line for sure? I am looking at taking a relief assignment there next week, and am debating whether to take my Tesla or my old oil-burning Toyota truck. Thanks!

You'll be fine in your Tesla, they opened another Supercharger on I-10 in Flatonia, about 30 miles west of Columbus. I suspect that was due to the periodic flooding that occurs at the Columbus location.

These 2 were out back of the SC this past weekend...Dec 10th.

Attachments

• 20171210_084919.jpg
    20171210_084919.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 20171210_085434.jpg
    20171210_085434.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20171210_085212.jpg
    20171210_085212.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 85
I pass through the North Houston Supercharger about once a month.
Last evening, about sundown, I charged there for the first time in several months.
It appears that a few pan-handlers seem to have identified the superchargers as an opportunity.
I was hit up by two last night. One was when we walked to the Travel Center next door.
The other pretended to point out something he saw on my front bumper, to get me to come out and take a look.
I guess they are harmless. It is to be expected with the increase in the supercharger traffic in the past several months.
They don't know I spent all my money on the car.
This is just a heads-up.
Please don't encourage them.