Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ann Arbor, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3145 Ann Arbor-Saline Road is correct - Meijer's parking lot. Estimated time to open is 6 weeks from today, i.e., end of July. Workers told me this today - will be 8 charging stations.
A little more confirmation -- the label on the shipping crate on top of the storage container says "Tesla 8-pk bollard layout":
image.jpg

I swung by around 7:30 pm, and the crew was still hustling. They were working on getting the charger cabinets installed. It doesn't look like they've poured the pad for the transformer yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I also got a few views from inside the shipping container -- perhaps some of the forum gurus can identify some of this stuff:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    891.1 KB · Views: 790
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 797
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 797
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 798
Swung by yesterday -- all the chargers are installed, and rebar has been laid for the transformer pad, but concrete hasn't been poured for it yet. It also looks like the stations will need a concrete pour for their bases, as well. It looks like there is a bit of trenching (and a bit of conduit) heading away from the transformer pad -- am I correct in assuming this is for the DTE feed?
image.jpg

Swung by yesterday -- all the chargers are installed, and rebar has been laid for the transformer pad, but concrete hasn't been poured for it yet. It also looks like the stations will need a concrete pour for their bases, as well. It looks like there is a bit of trenching (and a bit of conduit) heading away from the transformer pad -- am I correct in assuming this is for the DTE feed?
View attachment 84081

Was in the area today, and stopped by. No progress today (most likely due to it being Sunday and the weather). My pictures are more or less the same. Hopefully the rain breaks this week, then it will not be long before construction ends and the DTE wait begins.

Last edited:
Anyone plan on driving by this week?
I swung by very briefly today. Sorry, no pictures -- the rain was too nasty. From what I could tell, the enclosure for the charger has been completed, and I *think* the concrete for the transformer pad has been poured. If I don't need an ark to get around tomorrow, I'll try to swing by, take a better look at it, and get some pictures.

Can't even believe how nice it's going to be having the A2 and GR superchargers online. They are going to open up a whole new area of work commuting coverage I have had a difficult time fitting into my work and life schedule. Overnight stays will no longer be needed in any direction. Range anxiety will be eliminated. The rest of the Michigan Superchargers will be purely recreational travel for me.

Here are some pictures from this morning. It looks like there's still work on the pedestals, and the transformer pad is waiting for DTE.

Do you have any guess on what those 3 conduits are for that are just to the left of the Transformer Pad? The setup of 2 conduits for the high Voltage in and 5 conduits for the 480 Volts out is standard. Also, there is a very obvious mount for the utility meter next to the Equipment Enclosure.

The 3 conduits next to the transformer pad are a mystery to me... :confused:

Do you have any guess on what those 3 conduits are for that are just to the left of the Transformer Pad? The setup of 2 conduits for the high Voltage in and 5 conduits for the 480 Volts out is standard. Also, there is a very obvious mount for the utility meter next to the Equipment Enclosure.

The 3 conduits next to the transformer pad are a mystery to me... :confused:

Ann Arbor is constructed for 16. 8 now and for future expansion needs. That may answer your question....

Future expansion would need more conduits inside the Equipment Enclosure, but not beside of the Transformer Pad...

Might just be a stub for the inbound connection - earlier post indicated that they need to drill under the road to connect to the mainline. Finish that job, trench to the three pipes, then make the final conduit connection underground before you pull the cabling.