TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Annapolis MD

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Chuq, May 26, 2018.

1. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

589D5237-08EC-47EE-A16A-A186715EEC3C.jpeg Looks like Annapolis is 150kW now. With a 2015 Model S 85 I started at over 120kW after pre warming battery on the drive with software update 2019.12.11. Looks
    like the other regular Superchargers are now 150kW in DC area.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Thank you for the report! Please report other stations with >120 kW capacity in the threads for those stations or in the Maryland Superchargers thread.

3. KS73

KS73 New Member

Brand new here—just got a 2019 Model S on Saturday. The Annapolis location seems like a lonely place in the morning. I guess that’s good for idle time though!

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  4. plumazul

plumazul Member

Is that the 370 mile version?

5. KS73

KS73 New Member

No--it's probably the last 75D ever made. Maybe also the last EAP installed. I bought from the "Existing Inventory" section of Tesla's page--some great deals in there!

• Like x 2
  6. Bill H

Bill H Member

A few new banners on Harker Place at the garage entrance:

IMG_1651.jpg

• Like x 11
    • Love x 1
  7. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

The in car navigation says 3 of 8 available , but I have been the only one here for 20 minutes.

Attached Files:

8. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

#308 Big Earl, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Are all of the stalls working? Sometimes the nav will show limited availability if some stalls are offline.

• Like x 1
  9. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

Very common and indicative of nothing, necessarily.

10. Mdsbrain

Mdsbrain Member

I spoke to a mobile tech and he told me cell service at that supercharger is very poor (for AT&T) so many times the stations report offline but aren’t. I’ve charged there several times without issue and the Nav is always way off on the number of stalls in use.

11. ruby110

ruby110 Member

Odd. There is an AT&T store across the street.

12. Joer293

Joer293 MODEL X P100DL

I guess being one of the first p100d’s my vehicle won’t charge at 150kw. But I cant get anything over 65kw at any stall here the few times I’ve stopped. Is the new 150kw tuned to M3’s or throttling locals?

13. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

It also depends on the state of charge your battery is at when you show up... If you're already rather full then you won't get the max power out of the SC's. Show up with only 10-15% in your battery and you should see a higher number. Provided you're not paired with someone else which can also affect how much you get.

But no...older MS or MX will not get 150kW out of these things.

I've never heard of Tesla slowing the charge rate for anyone based on geography either. That's not a thing.

• Helpful x 1
  14. Joer293

Joer293 MODEL X P100DL

I haven’t paid enough attention, but do recall an interview some time ago with JB and Elon talking about ways to discourage locals from using the stations meant for Long distance vs urban. Throttling was one, to make it not worth their time to sit there vs charging at home. In my case, the time I spend in target, or Whole Foods, do I really need a charge, no, but I’ve contributed $4,000 in my vehicles to use the network. Both purchased before that cost was removed from the base.

lve travelled coast to coast, and up and down the east coast via SC’s over the past several years. Familiar with what to expect, and when to call service. Back in 2013, they would pick up after the first ring. These days, I can drive 45 minutes home and still be on hold to ask about a stall vs the vehicle not working right. so I turn to the forums, see if anyone else reports something unusual.

15. CHRGIT

CHRGIT Member

As a “local”, I charge here about once a week early in the morning. I have a 2015 modelS 85D. I will initially see a charge rate of 125kW, but it drops very quickly. In the past, I would see a sum total of 120 when adding the charge rate in kW to the state of charge of my battery in kW. I am now seeing about 100 when adding the 2 together after a few minutes. I have used most of the stalls here and feel something is wrong with getting maximum power over the charging session.

16. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

With the Model 3 coming on the scene and more and more people having to pay to use the SC none of that ever happened. I recently read an article that said that even used Teslas (sold by Tesla) would lose the Free Unlimited Super Charging that used to be tied to the car. So those of us that have it on our cars can still use it, but it's slowly being phased out almost entirely.

17. Joer293

Joer293 MODEL X P100DL

Ok, if this isn’t throttling, anyone recognize this charge pattern?

I tested a 2% - 90% charge in mild weather at Annapolis this morning. Good news, old Model X p100d’s Can get 150kw. One other item to be aware of the radiator fan was only running until about 8:32am, then no longer needed to remove heat and shut off after slowing down.
    D384B9E7-DE19-4CF9-82A9-ACA9C1E8EB8E.jpeg

And for comparison a recent charge at Hagerstown, MD with the same vehicle. Notice the nice taper on charge current. Oh and fans run constantly there for max charge current.
    3D469669-1D8E-4DCF-97CA-1A5180C777DC.jpeg

• Informative x 2