Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Annapolis MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
July 4 update. Last couple days the crew terminated the cables on the last 2 pedestals, finished bolting the wheel stops and removed the yellow caution tape. There are more cables to install between the SquareD, and the power conditioning cabinets, to Tesla cabinets.
The 8 stations look ready, but there is no power until the BG&E utility installs the new transformer and related cables to to the cabinets.

July 4 update. Last couple days the crew terminated the cables on the last 2 pedestals, finished bolting the wheel stops and removed the yellow caution tape. There are more cables to install between the SquareD, and the power conditioning cabinets, to Tesla cabinets.
The 8 stations look ready, but there is no power until the BG&E utility installs the new transformer and related cables to to the cabinets.
Thanks for the update!

Never seen pull-ins in such quantity before.... hope the public doesn't take these out in their inability to park, but it may be better than trying to back in (cameras or no!) in a constricted space.... Are the signs the usual General Parking 30 mins or something more 'friendly'? :D

Are the signs the usual General Parking 30 mins or something more 'friendly'?

The signs are Tesla supplied, "Tesla Vehicle charging only".
Tesla only.JPG
The contracting crew ( 3 people today) finished the wiring into the SquareD cabinets. Their part is finished. They are going to Baltimore area next to install another Tesla Supercharger set. They have several more sites specified by Tesla. The contractor company is based in New York.
P1040428.JPG P1040425.JPG
Now we wait for BG&E to bring utility power to the cabinets & mount their meter, etc. The BG&E transformer is not yet installed on the other side of the street, so there is still a while to wait (days/weeks???).

Probably some sort of testing will happen after the utility does their work, to verify all circuits work as expected.

Last edited:
It took weeks to get them to come to an Annapolis residence to hook up to a new entry point that had been damaged by a falling tree limb this summer. I can't imagine how they manage to get power back on when there are outages, but maybe they are perpetually busy with that considering the number of storms this summer.

Any more updates? I'm taking delivery of my P3D this week. Living in a condo complex so I have no other means of charging. Would rather not have to go to Laurel every week...

I've heard that Tesla has a Destination Charger for work program (like the regular program they provide the equipment for free and the business pays the electric bill...oh, and the locations are NOT shown on the Tesla website). Perhaps that's something you should dig into a bit more to see if your business could put one (or a few) of those in.

Reactions: Big Earl