Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Announcement 2013/05/30

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will there be a press release by Tesla Motors before the 4th announcement?
Just like they did before the 2nd announcement (Finance/Lease).
And will there also be a conference call with Elon Musk?

And will there also be Tweets from Elon Musk? Just like: "Am going to put my money where my mouth is in v major way".

I am asking this because all this was also expected to happen before the 3rd announcement, but it did not happen at all.
There was just an article, and that's how they brought the news of the 3rd announcement.

What scenario will be used for the 4th announcement?

That is true.
One day I hope we get to see the entire US covered, but right now as a California resident who loves to travel down south I'm happy about the possibility of a second route to relieve the congestion that would otherwise have been happening with a single route.
Although adding more bays can solve this problem in the future!

Meanwhile I'll just keep stopping at my Mom's house and plugging in to her dryer outlet.

Will there be a press release by Tesla Motors before the 4th announcement?
Just like they did before the 2nd announcement (Finance/Lease).
And will there also be a conference call with Elon Musk?

Maybe:

Elon: Tweet... Tweet.... V.major.... Leasing
TMC: Bah! Nothing new in that. Way over hyped! Really disappointed.
Elon: P85 loaners
TMC: That's not a proper announcement! We want more!
Elon: Stuff you lot, I'm not making any more announcements. No pleasing some people...

?:smile:

Last edited:
Agree. I fully sympathize with those in other states who want to see even one supercharger, but right now California has the highest density of deliveries by far, and adding only a few more here could basically complete one large piece of the puzzle.

In terms of Superchargers per owner, California has the least need right now. This is a better metric, in my biased opinion.
There are several other states with a very high density of ownership. The California "highest density of deliveries" is already mitigated.

What scenario will be used for the 4th announcement?

I think Elon is experimenting with the most obscure way of getting information out. He is secretly trying to drive his marketing communications group (person?) crazy. The next major announcement will be an anagram emailed to the generic "tips" email box of a major newspaper :)

In terms of Superchargers per owner, California has the least need right now. This is a better metric, in my biased opinion.
There are several other states with a very high density of ownership. The California "highest density of deliveries" is already mitigated.

Not quite, we still need Redding (or just South of it) to come in from Medford on the I5. Or, dare I dream, Eureka and Ukiah on the 101. Imagine driving through the Avenue of the Giants in almost silence with the sunroof open!

Maybe:

Elon: Stuff you lot, I'm not making any more announcemnts. No pleasing some people...

Yeah, but it's too much to assume he's learned his lesson.

I think Elon is experimenting with the most obscure way of getting information out. He is secretly trying to drive his marketing communications group (person?) crazy. The next major announcement will be an anagram emailed to the generic "tips" email box of a major newspaper :)
Or maybe just encoded at the top of the TMC forum. Apparently lots of media outlets just come to TMC for their news anyway, and they don't even have to "bother" citing sources most of the time.

The tweet brigade continues... Read through the bottom - indicates this is Part 3 of 5

ScreenHunter_02 Apr. 25 12.57.jpg

Maybe:

Elon: Stuff you lot, I'm not making any more announcements. No pleasing some people...

That's just what Jesus said, sir!

Well, I'm hoping to see a cut in service costs, with something like free then cheap regular servicing at a service center if you turn on telemetry. If Tesla makes it free and have telemetry, Tesla can turn servicing on its head by making the appointment _with you_, scheduling appointments to minimize cost by default and then making adjustments as people request.

BEV have low service costs and 1 expensive consumable. Hell, I'd expect they could do some of the checks just by running a program through telemetry data. Change the model because their plan just pissed people off.