Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Archdale, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped by this am still waiting on final inspection so they can enable power.

Attachments

• 20210317_085223.jpg
    20210317_085223.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 95
I stopped here for the 1st time yesterday. Charging was fast (expected for a v3) but the Sheetz gas station was SUPER busy and the air pump station (blue X in the picture) had a consistent line the 20+ minutes I was charging.

The problem is that the person using the air pump filling their tires or the car waiting in line can easily block the closest 1-3 stalls. There was a police office sitting on the premise, not sure if that is normal but with the amount of activity going on at this Sheetz I would say it was warranted to make sure nothing happened with the chaos that was going on.

1647870377335.png

Not sure if I would stop here again unless it was an optimized route since it is very hectic (much like the Mebane, NC Sheetz SuC location) and there was a lot of dog poop in the little bit of green grass area next to the chargers.

I stopped here for the 1st time yesterday. Charging was fast (expected for a v3) but the Sheetz gas station was SUPER busy and the air pump station (blue X in the picture) had a consistent line the 20+ minutes I was charging.

The problem is that the person using the air pump filling their tires or the car waiting in line can easily block the closest 1-3 stalls. There was a police office sitting on the premise, not sure if that is normal but with the amount of activity going on at this Sheetz I would say it was warranted to make sure nothing happened with the chaos that was going on.

View attachment 783858

Not sure if I would stop here again unless it was an optimized route since it is very hectic (much like the Mebane, NC Sheetz SuC location) and there was a lot of dog poop in the little bit of green grass area next to the chargers.
Yeah, I use this one many times on my way from SC to VA. People do seem to use that free air a lot when I've been there but I never saw anyone blocking the stalls as the cars have come from the other side where there are no stalls, in my experience at least. The satellite you are showing is old as they removed half of that mulch/curb area to make room for 8 stalls also.

I have lately avoided this one as it gets full and instead use the Lexington one as it is quiet and really only 5 min out of the way. The new Thomasville supercharger coming soon is much needed as I-85 is heavily trafficked. Gastonia as well for that matter.

Also has anyone else noticed there are no supercharger cabinets at this location? Surely they have to have those right?

Last edited:
Reactions: jsight