Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ardmore, OK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ardmore is the one that really does it for me. As Bollar says, a quick stop at Winfield RV park to give those few extra miles to Wichita.

Either a quick supplemental charge @ Winfield RV Park, or, if you don't mind a bit of a jog to your route, and you wander over to Weatherford, you can still make it to Wichita.
About 215 miles, mostly taking backroads.
Yes you would need an 85, but you could get there.

When the Supercharger in Perry opens, making it to Wichita is a walk it the park.
No muss, no fuss.
But until then, there is the beginning of a valid CONNECTION.

Oh, and I would not be surprised if the total number of live Superchargers goes over 400 on 3-11-15!!!!

Last edited:
The PlugShare map of Oklahoma City has many charge locations. For those with the CHAdeMO adapter, don't miss this one rated a 10.0 ATC Drivetrain North | Oklahoma City, OK | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Don't forget the Whole Foods Market if you have a ChargePoint card: Whole Foods | Oklahoma City, OK | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

rtz mentioned the Hilton. It's the Skirvin Hilton and they do have a Tesla HPWC. 48 mph and $12 valet for the day. The Skirvin Hilton | Oklahoma City, OK | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Sign up for PlugShare and you can contact some of the locals who may share their connection. Have fun and drive safe. Looking forward to the completion of I-40 from Barstow to OKC.

The PlugShare map of Oklahoma City has many charge locations. For those with the CHAdeMO adapter, don't miss this one rated a 10.0 ATC Drivetrain North | Oklahoma City, OK | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Don't forget the Whole Foods Market if you have a ChargePoint card: Whole Foods | Oklahoma City, OK | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

rtz mentioned the Hilton. It's the Skirvin Hilton and they do have a Tesla HPWC. 48 mph and $12 valet for the day. The Skirvin Hilton | Oklahoma City, OK | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Sign up for PlugShare and you can contact some of the locals who may share their connection. Have fun and drive safe. Looking forward to the completion of I-40 from Barstow to OKC.

Onyx Theaters has a nice, full powered HPWC (243VAC instead of 208VAC at the Hilton) and it's free (always call ahead since the cord is locked in a box). There's not much to do around there, but there is a surprisingly good quality Japanese restaurant to the west if you don't mind long walks. Onyx Theaters | Oklahoma City, OK | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

A great find Chris. I logged onto PlugShare to search for more HPWC at private residences. Hopefully these Tesla folks will travel to Shamrock, TX for the St. Patrick's Day celebrations. Private resident HPWC require calling ahead, so make arrangements early if a rally of cars requires coordination with them. Since sharing the three links gives the location without signing up, I am only listing the cities. Click the link and type in "Oklahoma City" for a map of the OKC metro area then sign up to view the residential details when clicking the EVSE locations.

Norman, OK
Moore, OK
Mustang, OK

PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car!

Last edited:
No, this is a HPWC. Did you really think there was a supercharger in Oklahoma City and no one knew about it?

It's a "Tessla" (sic) unit, but the site shows no charge for use:

Skirvin Hilton is proud to showcase its most recent green initiative, with its brand-new GE & Tessla electic car charging stations. Skirvin Hilton is proud to be laying the groundwork for tomorrow's technology today.

Benefits of the Charging Stations at Skirvin Hilton include:
Free of charge to hotel guests and the general public (charging cord not provided)

Yeah, I know, $12 valet fee isn't technically a charging cost...

Well then. We need to drive the golden spike home this weekend!

Let's celebrate with a gathering and perhaps a late lunch on Saturday, March 14 at 1pm to celebrate the connection of Texas to Points North via the new Supercharger. Unite the Texas and Oklahoma Tesla owners for the first time!
We're at six confirmed / maybe between the two Facebook groups, TMC and the Dallas Tesla Google group!

No, this is a HPWC. Did you really think there was a supercharger in Oklahoma City and no one knew about it?

HPWC indeed.

tesla.jpg

Last edited: