Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got tickets to a cowboys game in a couple weeks (woot) ... can I park at this supercharger while I’m at the game? I parked here during a rangers game once but didn’t plan on staying long so ended up getting back to the car about 15 mins after charging completed. But if I’m in for a cowboys game I would be leaving it there a long time. And I don’t think that is courteous. But at the same time seems a bit silly to have these right next to an event center if you can’t use them during the event. Opinions on this? Has anyone else used this during a cowboys game? If so did you move it during halftime? I’d guess not....

PS - parking folks at the conv center said that people park there for “entire ranges games all the time” so obviously some people are staying past their charging timelines for rangers minimally. Whether that is a good thing or not.....

I doubt if you could exit and re-enter a Cowboys game anyway. Maybe you could at a Rangers game though. Would be cool if there was a way to have a valet attendant move the car after an hour or something but I don't think it would be very good etiquette to just park it there all game. I'd be infuriated if I was passing through and needed a charge and showed up in the 3rd inning only to see it full of Teslas with people attending the game.

Reactions: Fiver and bollar
I’ve got tickets to a cowboys game in a couple weeks (woot) ... can I park at this supercharger while I’m at the game? I parked here during a rangers game once but didn’t plan on staying long so ended up getting back to the car about 15 mins after charging completed. But if I’m in for a cowboys game I would be leaving it there a long time. And I don’t think that is courteous. But at the same time seems a bit silly to have these right next to an event center if you can’t use them during the event. Opinions on this? Has anyone else used this during a cowboys game? If so did you move it during halftime? I’d guess not.....
You are correct that you shouldn't do it and you can expect to be charged the idle charge if you do.

Like @PLUS EV , I'd be livid if I came to the SC to find a bunch of parking Teslas blocking the SC for a few hours.

I doubt if you could exit and re-enter a Cowboys game anyway. Maybe you could at a Rangers game though. Would be cool if there was a way to have a valet attendant move the car after an hour or something but I don't think it would be very good etiquette to just park it there all game. I'd be infuriated if I was passing through and needed a charge and showed up in the 3rd inning only to see it full of Teslas with people attending the game.
Better yet, if the car could Summon itself and vacant SC spot, moving to a regular parking one.

Anyone else having issues getting power from units when most of the stalls are being used? It took me almost 2 hours to charge the last time I stopped here with 4 other models charging.

Best way to select your Supercharger when you arrive:
** Look at the number and letter of which Supercharger stalls are already taken. Stalls are in Pairs, so if 1A is being used, avoid 1B. There are 10 Superchargers @ Arlington, so there are five pairs of Superchargers.
** Go to one of the unoccupied number Superchargers. As long as you are the first one plugged in, you will be getting the bulk of the power from that pair, even if someone else arrives and plugs in. The second to arrive at a Supercharger pair ALWAYS gets the tapered amount of power.
** For long distance travel, figure out distance to your next destination, and charge to what you need to reach it, plus some buffer. Local weather conditions (wind) can greatly impact what is required. Charging past 90% is not a good thing for your time spent, the last 20% to fill the pack can take as long as charging the first 80%. Learn to use the Supercharger to put your time spent charging to the best usage.

Enjoy your travels!

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
Anyone else having issues getting power from units when most of the stalls are being used? It took me almost 2 hours to charge the last time I stopped here with 4 other models charging.

YES.

I've only used it a few times, but almost every time I've noted slow charging in a variety of Teslas. Calls to Tesla HQ don't really give much info, but if everyone that uses it registers a complaint perhaps they'll look into it.

There's plenty of time to make the call while you're sitting there, fortunately.

Why should Tesla wait for plenty of people to call and complain? Thats what govt organizations do. They wait for petitions to be filed.

Tesla already has this data. They should proactively monitor and look at SCs and stalls that are not performing and fix them proactively.

We have a growing problem of Teslas PARKING (not charging) in these spaces during Rangers games.
On my most recent visit, around 3:00PM on April 1, eight stalls were blocked by Teslas and only one car was connected to a Supercharger.

I'm struggling to rationalize why Tesla owners would think this is okay -- they apparently know enough not to plug in, so they can avoid potential idle fees.

Things are happening exactly as feared. It was speculated that this was not a good place to install an SC for precisely this reason of inconsiderate bums. Tesla may need to make this a manned/valeted space during the games and charge premium parking rates.