Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, Elon has amended his SC policy, so that you need to move your vehicle once it has completed charging! If you are in the middle of a game and it is done, will people have to come out to move the car?

Parking at a supercharger then going to a ball game is just a bad idea all around. That's what Level 2 chargers are for.

There is a supercharger in an airport location in Georgia, I think, that waives the parking fee for the first two hours for supercharging use. That would be fair for the Arlington supercharger: waive the $20 fee for the first hour or so.

Reactions: TMC Bubba
I wonder how this will work for the Texas Ranger games!

Normally, to park in that lot is about $20. Will they change it if you will be using Supercharging?

Also, Elon has amended his SC policy, so that you need to move your vehicle once it has completed charging! If you are in the middle of a game and it is done, will people have to come out to move the car?

This will be interesting!
If someone needs to supercharge to attend a Rangers game, I hope they would do it before or after the game. Prior to the idle fee policy, was anyone really considering leaving their car there during a game?

I agree, but not sure why they would build at this location, if they weren't trying to make it available for fans during the game!

We would just have to wait and see!
Remember the city chose the spot and is paying for it, not Tesla. Lots of charging will be going on there not just around the times of Rangers games. It the goal was to make charging available for fans during the games, Tesla has some nice HPWCs they're giving away for such purposes and the city could have saved >$100,000.

I believe I read earlier in this thread that during Ranger (and Cowboy) games, that the Supercharger area will be (highly) monitored, and probably ticketed if your stay is over an hour.
Same would be true if you parked there during a Convention.
As it should be.
No need to be blocking a Supercharger during a game, when long distance travelers need a quick charge to their next destination.

Soon enough, 4X the current number of Teslas will be on the roads.
And part of that obligation should be a conscious behavior modification for the good of the group, not just the individual user of the Supercharger network.

I wonder how this will work for the Texas Ranger games!

Normally, to park in that lot is about $20. Will they change it if you will be using Supercharging?

This will be interesting!

Reactions: bollar
2 weeks ago we had 14 US locations under construction, today there are 7. I assumed this means Arlington would be starting, but as of today - still just the new paint, flags, but no construction...

SC010617.jpg

Supercharge.info now shows this site as being under construction. Does he know something about this site that's not on this thread? I don't think a bunch of flagging indicates construction.

The upgrade at supercharge.info is based on this post at the Texas Superchargers thread.

I went by the Arlington Convention Center about 10am today and found that work has just begun. The guy I spoke to said they were hoping to get it built for us quickly.

The upgrade at supercharge.info is based on this post at the Texas Superchargers thread.
I agree that conduit on site does mean construction. As a civil engineer who has been involved over a $billion of construction, I still don't believe that the flagging by itself indicates anything other than a site survey is being done. It could be preliminary so a site plan can be developed or could represent preliminary layout to check for conflicts with existing utilities. Anyway, I'm glad real construction has begun and hope to see more pictures on this thread.

This site is (sort of) on my way between home and work, so I'll try to check it frequently. Here is the latest update from Friday evening. Yes, that is my Nissan LEAF on the right. I'm hoping to get the Model 3 when it comes out (I reserved in the Fort Worth store before the reveal).

IMG_20170217_164338.jpg

Also, I have included a new picture of the end of the arrows. The white painted arrows lead away from the main construction site for about 50 meters to end at this spot. Just off camera to the right are several large green transformer boxes.
IMG_20170217_164513.jpg

This site is (sort of) on my way between home and work, so I'll try to check it frequently. Here is the latest update from Friday evening. Yes, that is my Nissan LEAF on the right. I'm hoping to get the Model 3 when it comes out (I reserved in the Fort Worth store before the reveal).

View attachment 215468

Also, I have included a new picture of the end of the arrows. The white painted arrows lead away from the main construction site for about 50 meters to end at this spot. Just off camera to the right are several large green transformer boxes.View attachment 215470

As jaysquyres reported earlier in this thread it appears there will only be 4 stations at this location based on the conduit in place in the pictures.

The Arlington Contract states 10 parking spots & the red paint goes down over 10 parking spots. There is a new Electrical Contractor and permit for this dated 02/14/17 (WSE LLC.) I spoke with the company, there will be 10 charging spots. Either we can't see the 5th conduit, or somebody messed up.

They did switch the Oncor electrical runs (first pics 09/16/16, new run pics 12/12/16.) The new white paint shows a new Transformer (not the other 3 in the pictures,) maybe for Version 2.0 Super Charger? If you are going to provide over 350kw per charging spot to the Distribution Center, it will need a much larger Transformer, and larger conduit & wire. This conduit does look larger. They confirmed there will be a much larger transformer; however, the install will open as the regular 120kw x 10 charging dispenser locations. There is also a backlog of Tesla equipment - about a month away. Darn...

Reactions: vrykolas and BerTX
The Arlington Contract states 10 parking spots & the red paint goes down over 10 parking spots. There is a new Electrical Contractor and permit for this dated 02/14/17 (WSE LLC.) I spoke with the company, there will be 10 charging spots. Either we can't see the 5th conduit, or somebody messed up.

They did switch the Oncor electrical runs (first pics 09/16/16, new run pics 12/12/16.) The new white paint shows a new Transformer (not the other 3 in the pictures,) maybe for Version 2.0 Super Charger? If you are going to provide over 350kw per charging spot to the Distribution Center, it will need a much larger Transformer, and larger conduit & wire. This conduit does look larger. They confirmed there will be a much larger transformer; however, the install will open as the regular 120kw x 10 charging dispenser locations. There is also a backlog of Tesla equipment - about a month away. Darn...
Thanks for the update, 4 seemed a little thin. I'll be visiting my brother in Flower Mound in June. Maybe complete by then ( fingers crossed :))