Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fire Lane. I don't know if the meter is installed yet, but if it is - I'll get a good shot of a Tesla with Cowboys stadium in the background.
That's what I thought. I assume it's there to prevent people from parallel parking along that line and hampering emergency vehicle access to the entrance. Was initially thinking authorities could use that to prevent ICEing, but I doubt it.

That's what I thought. I assume it's there to prevent people from parallel parking along that line and hampering emergency vehicle access to the entrance. Was initially thinking authorities could use that to prevent ICEing, but I doubt it.

I have relatives in the area so it's been fun following along, thanks.

There is a shack near the chargers with an attendant during events where you pay to park. Not sure what instructions they will give the attendant..but perhaps that will help monitor ICEing.

I fail to understand why we are so far apart on this, unless you are just pulling a troll chain.

There is a big difference between a Supercharger.and the one by Snuffers (a Chargepoint charger), which is a municipality or business-supported chargers (usually to make a statement and draw in the public), whether it is a Tesla HPWC, J1772, or even a fee-based charger.

The latter are slower, may take hours to fill up and there is no expectation of availability for Tesla owners who are traveling and rely upon easy access and open spots.

In fact, a SC is similar to a gas station, right? ICE drivers don't select a gas station because it is close to fun stuff, but rather based on price, access, attached convenient store, etc...conveniences. Plus they don't fill up their tanks in 8-10 minutes, then leave their cars at the pump to go to dinner and a movie like you at Snuffers (Awesome Burgers as you know, and those cheese fries are to die for..literally)).

My point is that for most for the Tesla drivers the focus of a SC is getting a charge, taking a small break from driving, use the restrooms and get a bite to eat...then get back on the road, although some will be locals preferring to rapid charge there rather than buy a HPWC for the home, or live in an apartment, and happy to pay the charge fee.

Even ones attached to major shopping malls offer nothing outside of business hours, so nothing to do while charging but sit in car, and figure out where to find a restroom.

Either way, in my opinion your attractions don't mean much with respect to practicality and convenience for selecting a SC location, and worse, the traffic potential during an event will really make it a challenge to access, given those local roads. Unless attended, don't be surprised if non-EVs decide to park there given the parking space commodity, cause there ain't no law prohibiting that.

Peace out...

I still think you can't understand the SC concept if you don't own a Tesla.

I think we are apart simply because we may disagree :)
  • We all know the difference between Chargepoint chargers and SC...we see the charging rate on the screen.
  • Sure, we all want to be on with our trip...but I certainly don't mind options while I'm waiting...and there are plenty at the Arlington site.
From a site selection standpoint, the location is brilliant:
  • Dead center between Ft. Worth and Dallas.
  • Demographics and traffic, there is a reason Arlington was chosen to place the ballparks and stadium.
  • Easy access off I-30 (the road that runs between Dallas and Fort Worth).
  • Within minutes from HWY 360 and the Toll Road 161.
  • The hub in the SC network for North Texas..look at the SC that are outside the city such as Waco and Corsicana and consider them spokes.
    • If I were to drive to Dallas from out-of-town for a game, or event in Arlington at AT&T Stadium, The Ballpark, or a day at Six Flags, I would find it convenient to top off after the visit so I could make it out to one of the spokes on my travels back home.
    • I agree traffic might not be optimal sometimes, but I live in the area and it rarely inconveniences me...it just not that bad to be honest.
  • The city paid for half the SC cost. I expect they will make it up (in taxes) if the SC is a consideration for travelers that expect to visit DFW. I certainly would if I wanted to spend a week driving around Dallas hitting all the sites..I would need somewhere to recharge at the end of the day...and as you stated Chargepoint takes a LOT of time if I don't charge in Arlington.
  • There is a shack with an attendant at the site..probably 50 feet from the SC site.
  • Arlington has been chosen by the U.S. Department of Transportation as a self-driving proving site....and the I-30 corridor has been selected as one of the main test grounds. Why was Arlington picked to be a testing ground for self-driving cars? | Technology | Dallas News
Lastly, I think ownership of a Tesla does not exclusively enable you to understand the SC concept...people are smart. Given that I do own a Tesla, I would agree that it deepens your SC planning skills. I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Fire Lane. I don't know if the meter is installed yet, but if it is - I'll get a good shot of a Tesla with Cowboys stadium in the background.
They are finished except for a tiny bit of concrete:
Concrete.jpg

Unfortunately, there is still no meter:
NoMeter.jpg

But the electrician is finished!
DistCab2.jpg

DistCab3.jpg

The incoming side is also finished and sealed:
DistCab.jpg

The drains are here:
Drain1.jpg
Drain2.jpg

and there is nothing where the future Generators could be installed:
NoParts.jpg

it does need landscaping though:
Landscape.jpg

and here is your Tesla shot with Cowboys Stadium:
TeslaView.jpg

View attachment 222957
View attachment 222958
View attachment 222959
View attachment 222960

View attachment 222961
The drains are here:
View attachment 222963 View attachment 222964
View attachment 222965
View attachment 222966
View attachment 222962
Thanks for the pictures! My interest is that my brother lives in Flower Mound.

Reactions: TXcharge
Pics indicate this is getting close to being operational....

Not to rain on anyone's Easter Weekend parade, but Several key things are still missing:
** Meter from Power company has yet to be installed
** Signage at each stall indicating it is charging for Tesla EVs ONLY, probably with a time limit
** Last bit of land-scaping at rear of charging stalls, in area where sign posts will be installed. Grass needs to be tidied up.
** Aforementioned remaining concrete paving to be poured, finished and cured, maybe a coat of asphalt too(?)

LASTLY Tesla Technicians will arrive and power-upf the stanchions, add their numbers to the stanchions (and maybe their signs too)

Edit:
There are a couple of (spare) stub-up conduits inside the enclosure.
Maybe some future equipment might be arriving, or still to be hooked up?

Last edited:
Pics indicate this is getting close to being operational....

Not to rain on anyone's Easter Weekend parade, but Several key things are still missing:
** Meter from Power company has yet to be installed
** Signage at each stall indicating it is charging for Tesla EVs ONLY, probably with a time limit
** Last bit of land-scaping at rear of charging stalls, in area where sign posts will be installed. Grass needs to be tidied up.
** Aforementioned remaining concrete paving to be poured, finished and cured, maybe a coat of asphalt too(?)

LASTLY Tesla Technicians will arrive and power-upf the stanchions, add their numbers to the stanchions (and maybe their signs too)

Edit:
There are a couple of (spare) stub-up conduits inside the enclosure.
Maybe some future equipment might be arriving, or still to be hooked up?

When I spoke with the electrician, he confirmed those pipes are NOT for Gen 3, or Tesla Power Paks. They are for possible customer-side transformers if the Voltage is not perfect. This happened in Sulphur Springs, and they added them. Seems to be standard on new installs now.

Just flip the switch!
I would, but with no electric meter - there is no juice. Maybe I can get lucky enough to visit the same time Tesla turns it on, and report the opening. Arlington is fast on inspections, so I'll bet the concrete is poured, signs get installed & inspections happen tomorrow. I would also bet Tesla will be here this week.

I'm willing to make daily visits unless others want to help...

I would, but with no electric meter - there is no juice. Maybe I can get lucky enough to visit the same time Tesla turns it on, and report the opening. Arlington is fast on inspections, so I'll bet the concrete is poured, signs get installed & inspections happen tomorrow. I would also bet Tesla will be here this week.

I'm willing to make daily visits unless others want to help...
I can drive by twice per day, on my way to and from work, but I don't have a Tesla (yet), so I can tell you if the lights are on, but I can't tell you if it's really working. :)

I can drive by twice per day, on my way to and from work, but I don't have a Tesla (yet), so I can tell you if the lights are on, but I can't tell you if it's really working. :)
I'll bet construction finishes tomorrow (signs, concrete, & electrician must be there during Inspection,) but when the Tesla staff shows up - THAT is when we want to be there. They don't like us talking to them (or taking pictures,) but I saw the guy when he was working in Denton changing the SC cables:
DentonUpgrade.jpg

TeslaStaff.jpg

NewSCCable.jpg

Reactions: vrykolas and CarlS
View attachment 222957
View attachment 222958
View attachment 222959
View attachment 222960

View attachment 222961
The drains are here:
View attachment 222963 View attachment 222964
View attachment 222965
View attachment 222966
View attachment 222962
Great pic!! I'm looking forward to charging there on my lunch breaks. Sometime I forget to plug in at night and it disrupts my day.

There are two tell-tales which do not require plugging in a vehicle: (1)The stall number decals will be applied to the base of each charging bollard (they are applied by the supercharger tech at time of activation) and (2) the word "Tesla" will be backlit on each bollard....at least when it's dark.

• Informative
Reactions: vrykolas and CarlS
There wasn't much change today - probably due to the rain. They laid out a bit of framework behind the stalls where the individual Tesla signs will be positioned. The meter is still not on the transformer.

That's all that I could see without getting out into the rain.

There are two tell-tales which do not require plugging in a vehicle: (1)The stall number decals will be applied to the base of each charging bollard (they are applied by the supercharger tech at time of activation) and (2) the word "Tesla" will be backlit on each bollard....at least when it's dark.
I've never stopped at a Supercharger, so I don't think I've ever noticed the stall numbers before, but they're pretty obvious in my google searches. Thanks for the tips!

I drove by a few minutes ago and the concrete work appears to be done. The door on the enclosure is still not fully complete - the door jam still needs some work to be able to lock it:
IMG_20170418_163939.jpg

IMG_20170418_164016.jpg

Then I glanced towards the transformer expecting to see nothing new, but I could see that the meter has been installed! I walked over to it and could hear a distinct hum coming from it. It is now completely locked up - no more peeks inside:
IMG_20170418_164130.jpg

IMG_20170418_164104.jpg

Signs still need to be installed, the door to the Supercharger enclosure needs to be finished, there is still plastic on the bollards, and no numbers have been added to them, so it's back to the waiting game.