Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s supercharger map shows a Supercharger for Arlington, VA, Clarendon, in 2018. Arlington County permits site shows an approval for Tesla Chargers on July 27, 2018 to be located in the market common garage. It’s listed under application number ZADM180559 (Administrative Change Requests - Quarterly). Any thoughts on whether these are the superchargers or just Tesla wall chargers?

If you read the details, it *sounds* like Superchargers. Destination Chargers don’t need all that ‘equipment’, just a 240 vac line (perhaps 3 phase if doing the commercial feed).

So, interesting. One of the ‘supercharger in a garage’ installations!

Added: looks like ten stalls since five cabinets?

Reactions: Big Earl
Agreed. I also thought the back-end indicated superchargers. And it looks like 10 stalls. I’ll swing by tonight to see if there’s any indication of construction.

The Man In Arlington Change Requests said:
The Tesla charging stations, three charging cabinets and four auto-transformers are located on level 5. On level 4, five charging cabinets, five autotransformers and distribution.

Level 5: 3 charging cabinets
Level 4: 5 charging cabinets

3 + 5 = 8 charging cabinets.
8 cabinets x 2 stalls per cabinet = 16 stalls

I grew up in Arlington, so I am paying attention, I now live in Alameda, and we got our Permit half a year ago and they JUST started construction this week. Fortunately, I am now retired, so I have LOTS of time to post updates on the construction. Hope you guys get construction quicker than I did, but it may be a bit. @JoshM3 hope you get to document your new supercharger.

-Randy

After 6pm you can park there all evening for $6, or $4.95 via SpotHero -- still on the expensive side for Clarendon. Not that I'll use it to charge since I live relatively close, but I'll be interested to find out whether they offer discounts or limited free parking for people who are supercharging.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
This is great. I grew up in Arlington and now live in Springfield. I'll probably use this location exactly one time (for the Superchargers Visited thread), but it's a great option for locals who don't have access to home charging, albeit an expensive option.