Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg

I noticed the same so decided to try charger 8B today. I I was walking home while charging and after about 10% of charge received a notification “charging interrupted” and I could not get it to restart. Still consider those superchargers inoperable. Moved vehicle to supercharger 1B

As far as I can tell, the entire station is only partially functional, despite the general status on the in-car display has been restored to normal. I stop by regularly with my Model 3 SR+ just to see if it is working, and each time I try several available stalls and supercharging fails within 1-2 minutes almost every time. Only 2 out of about 15 charge attempts over the last couple months have held for more than 2 minutes. It is definitely inconsistent - I swapped in right after someone who had a long successful charge session and it still failed for me. It’s not my car either, it supercharges in Alexandria and Leesburg just fine (regular and urban SCs).

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
Hm. I thought I heard (on the recorded message while on hold?) they don’t want phoned in reports. Which was my point. How do we know they are aware of issues. We’ve been calling in reports since day 1 but were told it was now automated. Well, it’s not if stalls aren’t working and the map doesn’t reflect it.

The number ‘on the stall’ is the normal Tesla support number as far as I’ve always seen. There used to be an option for supercharging support but I don’t think thats there anyone. You can pick issues with car software or charging. But I really think the dedicated supercharging team option is gone.

• Informative
Reactions: Kacey Green
Yeah last time I called was in September to report an issue with the Woodbridge super charger. Stayed on hold for one hour (yes) and heard that message about not reporting SC failures a million times. Nonetheless, the agent who took my call was gracious and even took the time to reconfirm some details. No idea whether the information went anywhere after I hung up the phone though.

Model 3 LR RWD 5A and 4B both failed right after it ramped to 25kw

1B charged OK as others have said - maxed out at 27kw (started at 50% SOC)

Model S/X have issues here or just Model 3s?

It appears to be affecting Model 3s. I haven't had an issue with any of them with my Model S. A friend at work has a 3 and he's having issues with multiple ones constantly.

Yeah definitely an issue with 3’s here. Any clue if it’s being worked on?

I basically pretend this SC doesn't exist for this purpose. If driving to the roof of the lot and getting validation weren't comparatively dis-incentivizing enough, 80% of the stalls don't work for M3s.... Please let me know if there is a way to provide feedback on this to the right group; I'd hate for them to think things have been sorted.

No chatter here for four years so here’s a report:

This is the closest Supercharger to my condo but I’ve avoided it since I bought my M3 because of the $6/hour garage parking fee. I did use it yesterday with a Whole Foods 2-hour validation. It’s located on Level 5 (roof) of the Clarendon Crossing parking garage. I didn’t notice any direction signs for Tesla charging. EVgo has charging stations on the lower levels. Anyway, as you wind up to Level 5 (the roof) you don’t see any chargers or directions to find them. Instead you see two signs that say “No Left Turn” and that the exit ramp is to the right. Well, turn left and you’ll see the Tesla Superchargers all lined up.

Besides the lack of direction signs, one other complaint is the elevator is unreliable. While I was there I did use it to go down but when returning from Whole Foods I noticed that one of the pair of elevators was out of order and blocked by a traffic cone. I pressed the call button but nothing happened so I took the stairs up and saw the “working” elevator was sitting on Level 5 with its door open.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson
No chatter here for four years so here’s a report:

This is the closest Supercharger to my condo but I’ve avoided it since I bought my M3 because of the $6/hour garage parking fee. I did use it yesterday with a Whole Foods 2-hour validation. It’s located on Level 5 (roof) of the Clarendon Crossing parking garage. I didn’t notice any direction signs for Tesla charging. EVgo has charging stations on the lower levels. Anyway, as you wind up to Level 5 (the roof) you don’t see any chargers or directions to find them. Instead you see two signs that say “No Left Turn” and that the exit ramp is to the right. Well, turn left and you’ll see the Tesla Superchargers all lined up.

Besides the lack of direction signs, one other complaint is the elevator is unreliable. While I was there I did use it to go down but when returning from Whole Foods I noticed that one of the pair of elevators was out of order and blocked by a traffic cone. I pressed the call button but nothing happened so I took the stairs up and saw the “working” elevator was sitting on Level 5 with its door open.
This location has been a real let down for all the reasons you state.