Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Arlington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by this afternoon and plugged into 8B. My SOC at arrival was about 70%. Charging ramped up to about 70 KW but within a few minutes dropped to about 24 KW. There were four other cars there at the time, and I was not paired with anyone. Before I arrived, the center screen display indicated the charging station was limited/reduced service.

May not be news to some but I saw this for the first time on my way back to the District last night. It is the only one in the mid-Atlantic with this crossed out sign. I wonder what the hold up is?

Thanks to all who have been providing updates!

Attachments

• CC65026C-9B81-4A7A-BEA6-2DEF06868DDA.jpeg
    CC65026C-9B81-4A7A-BEA6-2DEF06868DDA.jpeg
    985.2 KB · Views: 106
I have a question about this location and I am not from the area.
Is the parking entrance across from the Whole Foods Market connected to the same Tesla Supercharger parking structure? Is Whole Foods the only local business that validates? How complicated is it to walk the route from the Supercharger to Whole Foods and back? Are there stairs involved? How much are the parking rates - all days and all times?

I have a question about this location and I am not from the area.
Is the parking entrance across from the Whole Foods Market connected to the same Tesla Supercharger parking structure? Is Whole Foods the only local business that validates? How complicated is it to walk the route from the Supercharger to Whole Foods and back? Are there stairs involved? How much are the parking rates - all days and all times?

Yes, they’re connected. You can enter from any one of the three or four entrances that are available.

Yes, to my knowledge, Whole Foods is the only one that validates.

The walk can be a little convoluted depending on where you’re going. The various entrances and exits are on different levels depending on where you’re going.

There are elevators available, but they can be slow.

Rates are 24/7 (I’m pretty sure there are no night discounts) with a 15 minute grace period.

Thanks Big Earl. I suppose if I arrive to charge at 15% SOC and need 80% that is probably how long it will take to walk to Whole Foods and back - at least the first time. I suppose there is some minimum of signage about where stores are located.
The walk is not far and should not take more than 10 minutes at most from the superchargers. The garages are connected as previously stated but you have to go all the way to the very bottom and there's a little cut through that is not obvious at all. Just keep going down until you can't imagine going down any further. what I sometimes do is supercharge for a little while and then drive to the part of the parking that is just across the street from the Whole Foods

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson
Thanks Big Earl. I suppose if I arrive to charge at 15% SOC and need 80% that is probably how long it will take to walk to Whole Foods and back - at least the first time. I suppose there is some minimum of signage about where stores are located.

Your best bet is to get outside and figure out your way around from there. It’s pretty confusing if you try to make your way around inside the garage.

Yes, they’re connected. You can enter from any one of the three or four entrances that are available.

Yes, to my knowledge, Whole Foods is the only one that validates.

The walk can be a little convoluted depending on where you’re going. The various entrances and exits are on different levels depending on where you’re going.

There are elevators available, but they can be slow.

Rates are 24/7 (I’m pretty sure there are no night discounts) with a 15 minute grace period.
Your correct about wholefoods being only one to validate parking. You can buy a cookie at wholefoods and park for free. You can spend thousands on an Apple computer at the Apple store and pay $6 for parking