TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger Armageddon 2.0 this week?

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by bro1999, Nov 21, 2016.

1. bro1999

bro1999 Member

I remember reading about the horror stories of owners reporting Superchargers experiencing hours long backups last year in CA. Will history repeat itself?
    [​IMG]

• Disagree x 3
  2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Your second anti-Tesla post of the day. Dare I use the "t" word? If I recall correctly, part of a highway was closed because of fire or something diverting traffic to the highway where this supercharger was located-- and since then another supercharger opened nearby.

• Like x 1
  3. bro1999

bro1999 Member

It's a valid question. If I was in CA planning SC use on a Thanksgiving week road trip, I would be very concerned about availability.

• Disagree x 1
  4. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Yeah, that's an old picture. The Superchargers that used to get congested will have alternate locations nearby, a few miles away but on the same highway.

Why the concern, bro1999? Are you planning on taking a trip from Maryland to CA in your Tesla? It shouldn't be a problem.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. bhuwan

bhuwan Active Member

my experience using the super chargers in SF is that they are overloaded (this was last December) During the non holiday time frame.
    I suspect that the superchargers will be slightly better this year.

6. bro1999

bro1999 Member

7. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

• Informative x 2
  8. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1