Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA - Outlets at Tejon Pkwy (LIVE 1 Sep 2021, 76 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@bmah @MarcoRP I think the title should be updated to reflect that only 28/56 stalls are online for now... I checked the status another time today and it definitely appears to be in use as the number of available stalls is fluctuating and 1/28 was even reported as unavailable.

More people appeared to be using Tejon Ranch on the other side of the freeway than here, but that'll probably change pretty quick since V3s tend to more reliable and charge faster.

• Informative
Reactions: DoItDiff and Zoomit
Wow!!!!!! Isn’t there already 16 or so stations across the freeway already? So 56 on top of the existing?!!
Did you see how many they're building up the road at Harris Ranch? (hint: 80 more stalls)

I would not be surprised to see this place nearly fill up this weekend with 28 stalls open here with the 24 stalls across the road pretty quickly. This is a very convenient place to charge and traffic will naturally congregate here compared to other stops just north because the amenities here are better.

Did you see how many they're building up the road at Harris Ranch? (hint: 80 more stalls)

I would not be surprised to see this place nearly fill up this weekend with 28 stalls open here with the 24 stalls across the road pretty quickly. This is a very convenient place to charge and traffic will naturally congregate here compared to other stops just north because the amenities here are better.
Not just that. People stop at the locations with more stalls because even if there's a line, it moves faster.

Reactions: Dave EV
My test run for tomorrow. I told my wife that for every minute we leave home before our scheduled departure time, she gets one extra minute of shopping. Her initial reaction was to leave one hour early. haha.
Lucky for me for marrying a down to earth Montana wife. She hates shopping more than me. For both of us, it’s the food options that count. Put a Mastros or similar there, and we will drop some serious coin

Reactions: Araman0

A lot ppl don't understand but Tejon Ranch, Bakersfield, Copus, Arvin are must charge stations. Especially if you are going up the 99 as there is no charging in Bakersfield proper. Also if coming from Paso Robles, you cannot make it into many parts of LA without charging there as well. Even going up and down the I-5 you are likely to have to charge to avoid an additional charge in the LA area which isn't all that convenient... Before the addition of Copus Rd and now Arvin, it would not be uncommon to have Tejon, Bakersfield Stockdale and Buttonwillow 100% occupied with close to hour long queues.

Not too many people here from 1000-1030 on a Friday before Labor Day. Wife’s shopping damage wasn’t too bad. E1C809DC-7B40-4465-B51A-BADC4ED9035C.jpeg854FBF4A-5A5B-41C8-B37A-F872E9EC249D.jpeg69E8E270-AD1B-407B-9BE1-5D731ED6CAC5.jpeg19775C4A-3FDC-4DA1-B47A-6D7906E46E5A.jpegFF3DBA43-C93E-45F1-9AE3-7B18A0D67F54.jpeg

those long cables just laying on the floor from that third picture looks disgusting, I don't know which company that is but they need to fix that mess asap!

Those are the cables for L2 charging stations (notice the J1772 plugs). It's up to the drivers of the cars that use them to coil the cables up properly so they aren't lying on the ground. People are lazy and/or don't give a cr*p. You can see this problem with Tesla destination chargers too.

Bruce.

Those are the cables for L2 charging stations (notice the J1772 plugs). It's up to the drivers of the cars that use them to coil the cables up properly so they aren't lying on the ground. People are lazy and/or don't give a cr*p. You can see this problem with Tesla destination chargers too.

Bruce.
Same people that won't return their cart to the designated location 20' away and just leave it in their parking stall for the next person to remove.

Bruce.
Same behaviour is exhibited when folks randomly leave the shopping cars next to the car instead of rolling it back to the designated place in the parking lot. In my experience the most effective means of changing bad behaviour is financial penalty- example SC idle time fees.

Bruce.
It's interesting that everyone plugged the end of the cable back in, but no one wound it up on the coil holder. It doesn't look like the easiest thing to use though, with only a top support. You could probably get it off the ground without too much trouble, but it might be difficult to make it look at all neat. It's true folks are lazy, but a better-thought-out setup here would make it a lot easier for them to do the right thing.

Reactions: newjacka
it is more simple than that. Tesla cables are short and there is nothing to coil. You pretty much have to hang it up. Keep things simple and the problem is solved. Requiring people to make an effort (coiling up a long cable) almost never works. If you expect that to happen, you will be disappointed. Instead, creat a solution to avoid the problem. Maybe having a retractable cable or something