Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA - Outlets at Tejon Pkwy (LIVE 1 Sep 2021, 76 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They close the parking lot. Charged there Fri 9/3 security came and kicked us out at 10pm. Security drives around in a gold cart. Had same issue showing Tejon as full but Arvin open. Started charging there and pin status changed to closed.
Strange. If Tejon was full at this time, they really need longer hours here. My guess is though, that Tejon was full as most don't know better, being that Arvin is V3 and faster.

Just a heads up the hours listed for this location are slightly inaccurate. I tried to charge at 4:40am on 9/17, and the gate was closed. I called the number on the gate and the kind lady informed me they open the gates at 5am and directed me to the supercharges across the street. Hopefully this saves one of you some time! Does anyone know who I can contact at Tesla to update this?

Just a heads up the hours listed for this location are slightly inaccurate. I tried to charge at 4:40am on 9/17, and the gate was closed. I called the number on the gate and the kind lady informed me they open the gates at 5am and directed me to the supercharges across the street. Hopefully this saves one of you some time! Does anyone know who I can contact at Tesla to update this?
Yea, I tried to charge there at 10:15pm on Friday night and the gates were already closed. Had to go to the old V2 chargers which were crowded - no wait, but people sharing circuits, so charging was even slower.

The hours displayed on the map as being closed from 11p to 4am are not accurate.

I'm really guessing here, but it sounds like maybe security isn't very enthusiastic about having to deal with the chargers and keep the gates locked as much as possible.

It looks like a new name has emerged for this Supercharger. The in-car nav and Tesla's "Find Us" map are now showing this site as "Tejon Ranch, CA - Outlets at Tejon Pkwy" (it took awhile for them to converge). This makes much more sense than "Arvin, CA" (or variations thereof). I'll be changing the thread title here in a moment.

@MarcoRP @Chuq @corywright : Recommend updating supercharge.info.

Bruce.

IMG_7662.JPG

Last edited:
It looks like a new name has emerged for this Supercharger. The in-car nav and Tesla's "Find Us" map are now showing this site as "Tejon Ranch, CA - Outlets at Tejon Pkwy" (it took awhile for them to converge). This makes much more sense than "Arvin, CA" (or variations thereof). I'll be changing the thread title here in a moment.

@MarcoRP @Chuq @corywright : Recommend updating supercharge.info.

Bruce.
Common sense has prevailed!

Reactions: HandleX and bmah
Charged here on 12/2/21. Speed was good at 18% SOC, 1097 for most of the beginning. In 22 minutes added 210 miles overall. the Tesla energy crew were working on it at the time though, and only about 24 of the stalls were available. Actually, it was less than that. I tried to do a quick visual count of the new additional stalls that were being actively worked on, and counted over 60, so I think this will be the largest in the future unless some of the current stalls will be decom’d. Encountered a couple Tesla as..hats though, wont go into detail.

This is a pretty nice location and off ramp on ramp. It’s a nice stop coming from Palm Springs, one can go easily from say Indio or La quinta on the 210, up and down the grapevine and get here with about 20% reaming charge. Then a quick stop at Firebaugh for 10 minutes and its home free to Bay Area easy.

I counted 16 pedestals wrapped in "Coming Soon" covers, which is consistent with the "40 stalls" reported in the in-car navigation (56 - 16 = 40).

View attachment 741220View attachment 741222

There are two large empty slabs, which might be future homes for big batteries.

View attachment 741221
Oh, i’m pretty certain its going to be well over 40 if every upright post that they were working on is going to be activated or maintained. The center isle that is there, is I think 20 and they are front and back where people charge back to back which would make 40 alone, no? Then, there is the new perimeter, on the outside edge of the parking lot, and the apparently new ones near the transformers? I should have taken some photos, but I’ll be back in a few weeks. Maybe someone else can add more photos.

Oh, i’m pretty certain its going to be well over 40 if every upright post that they were working on is going to be activated or maintained. The center isle that is there, is I think 20 and they are front and back where people charge back to back which would make 40 alone, no? Then, there is the new perimeter, on the outside edge of the parking lot, and the apparently new ones near the transformers? I should have taken some photos, but I’ll be back in a few weeks. Maybe someone else can add more photos.
I should be stopping at this site come Sunday so if anything I will take a few more pictures. I do believe though that this site will end up being 56 stalls as that makes sense for how Tesla design their installations.