Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Asheville, NC - Thetford Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Well that was unexpected. Thanks again to Mike for another Supercharger find!!

1633125894429.png

How the F does Asheville get 3 Superchargers but Raleigh only has North Hills that’s always 90% full??????

I second Boone (or area between Winston and Boone) as needing a SC desperately. So does Greenville NC and Jacksonville.
I was just going to say - Asheville and Charlotte will be the only cities in NC with 3 superchargers! And so close to the outlet mall supercharger down I-26. Definitely agree with Boone and Greenville. Also, after filling out a comment form I was told that the Jacksonville Smithfield's will ultimately be getting one so hopefully the pans out too.

• Informative
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
How the F does Asheville get 3 Superchargers but Raleigh only has North Hills that’s always 90% full??????
Not quite always 90% full, but it does stay quite busy between 11am-8p: Available SuC Stalls
I thought the new Cary and Garner SuC locations would help take some of the usage away but I think the pace of new Tesla owners in the Raleigh area is growing faster than the charging infrastructure.

Hopefully Asheville is a blueprint of what is planned for the rest of the country with SuC location blanketing every side of city. I can't wait for the updated official Tesla SuC map at the start of 2022 (3 months)

• Helpful
Reactions: J569 and scottf200

I second Boone (or area between Winston and Boone) as needing a SC desperately. So does Greenville NC and Jacksonville.
I also agree with both Boone and Greenville needing one but I've been trying to think of a good place to put one in Greenville. Since they have typically been at either Smithfield's or Sheetz, I'm not sure of a good location. There are no Smithfield's in Greenville and really no Sheetz off of 264 going into Greenville from Raleigh/Wilson. There is one off of 264 as if you were going to Washington near Thermo and DSM that I guess could work. I really want one in Greenville just not sure when it will happen.

The Sheetz in Washington would probably be a good spot. In between New Bern and heading north into Virginia.

I'm not complaining about more superchargers, but this new location is a whopping 5.7 miles from the (newly updated) 12 stall unit at the Outlet mall on I-26. The next one going south down I-26 (and it's really not on I26, but I-20) is 142 miles away in Lexington, SC.

I think we are going to be seeing A LOT more SuC locations going forward. I don't think the hold up is the equipment but rather the local permits and installers.

Considering how fast they are getting installed, completed and sometimes online before marked on the official Tesla Map I think we are going to be in for a big surprise as the number of stations increase rapidly. Check out just a few in NC that have come online in the last few weeks:
  • Warsaw, NC: Wasn't listed on the Official Map until completed. Construction "started" August 11th -> Completed Sept 20th
  • New Bern, NC: Wasn't listed on the Official Map until completed. Construction "started" August 26th -> Completed Sept 4th
  • Garner, NC: Wasn't expected to be completed until Q42021. Construction "started" August 12th -> Completed Sept 4th
There might be a whole bunch more under way that we just don't know about yet since we seem to be finding them before they are officially announced. Sit tight and hold you, you picked the right 'horse' in the EV race 🤑

I think we are going to be seeing A LOT more SuC locations going forward. I don't think the hold up is the equipment but rather the local permits and installers.

Considering how fast they are getting installed, completed and sometimes online before marked on the official Tesla Map I think we are going to be in for a big surprise as the number of stations increase rapidly. Check out just a few in NC that have come online in the last few weeks:
  • Warsaw, NC: Wasn't listed on the Official Map until completed. Construction "started" August 11th -> Completed Sept 20th
  • New Bern, NC: Wasn't listed on the Official Map until completed. Construction "started" August 26th -> Completed Sept 4th
  • Garner, NC: Wasn't expected to be completed until Q42021. Construction "started" August 12th -> Completed Sept 4th
There might be a whole bunch more under way that we just don't know about yet since we seem to be finding them before they are officially announced. Sit tight and hold you, you picked the right 'horse' in the EV race 🤑
A fair number of construction cones and permits currently. Wow on parts of the East coast. You may be right on about the permits and installers.

65ZK5t1.jpg

I agree, seems like South Carolina supercharger development is limited by available partners more than anything. I'm sure they are trying.

Things are actually pretty great even now, other than I-26.

Reactions: Jeremy3292