Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Asheville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The permit for the Asheville supercharger has been issued as of today, 10/16/2015! Now we need some folks to do some sleuthing in the area to look for signs of construction. I won't be in the area any time soon.

View attachment 98176

Issued is a VERY good sign.

Usually the permit will not be issued until the fees have been paid. Therefore (usually), the permit issue date is only days, or at most weeks, before construction start.

Good Luck!

Do we believe this location is accurate on supercharger.info ?

I'm planning on being in the area in the future and was considering taking some pictures.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/gqlhJVJ.png
View attachment 96840

Image: http://i.imgur.com/WSEA4uR.png
View attachment 96842
I had already heard from someone in the know that Asheville Outlets was the upcoming location of the SC for Asheville. I guess they got the same info. Also hoping the other info I was given pans out.

Looks like they had to apply for one more permit for the Site Work. Looks like it's close to approval but still shows up as being in the "plan check" stage. Hopefully this is the last permit needed to get started:

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 10.17.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 10.16.22 AM.png

Hickory

Yeah, one at I-40 and I-321 would make some sense to bridge the gap from Burlington to Asheville then Knoxville. They could likely put one somewhere at the Valley Hills Mall (parking lot is massive and even has a parking garage) which is right off of I-40 the exit before 321 when heading west.

Then again, I-40 and I-77 would probably make more sense... but there isn't anywhere near that area that I could think would be a good spot for a supercharger... nothing that would be quick to/from the interstate anyway.

Hickory would be a great idea!!!

I will be in Hendersonville, NC for the week and it appears the Biltmore is the only high powered charger. However, there is a charger (provides 22 mi/hr) at 411 N Church St which is about 7 miles from where I will be staying. It doesn't appear Uber is in that area yet. I guess I need to find a taxi service to pick me up and droo me off when I need to charge. Anyone have experience in Hendersonville?

I will be in Hendersonville, NC for the week and it appears the Biltmore is the only high powered charger. However, there is a charger (provides 22 mi/hr) at 411 N Church St which is about 7 miles from where I will be staying. It doesn't appear Uber is in that area yet. I guess I need to find a taxi service to pick me up and droo me off when I need to charge. Anyone have experience in Hendersonville?

It was a long time ago when I lived there...

But... There are several Taxi and driver services in town. Apple Cab is possibly the largest, but there are several independents. Maybe Yelp will yield suggestions.

Borrow someone's chademo. There are several chademo chargers in town. I use them when travelling to Pawley's Island.

Borrow someone's chademo. There are several chademo chargers in town. I use them when travelling to Pawley's Island.

My family visits Litchfield/Pawleys several times a year at a place that's walking distance from the 2 HPWC at Litchfield Golf Resort (just south of North Litchfield). Do you happen to know what their usage terms are? Just have to visit Starbucks? What is your charging routine when you're down there (after Lumberton SC)?

Asheville SuperCharger is Game On!
Just drove by and took a few pix. If facing the Asheville Outlets, it is all the way to the left. Said hi to construction crew and they confirmed this was the Supercharger (no obvious Tesla equipment there yet) and that they broke ground earlier in the week.
I'll post pix of progress at intervals.

Asheville SuperCharger is Game On!
Just drove by and took a few pix. If facing the Asheville Outlets, it is all the way to the left. Said hi to construction crew and they confirmed this was the Supercharger (no obvious Tesla equipment there yet) and that they broke ground earlier in the week.
I'll post pix of progress at intervals.

Fantastic! My trips between Chicago and Charleston are going to be SMOOOOOOTH : ) Yay! Thank you Tesla for doing what you said you would do!

From the looks of the map, it appears I should have no trouble getting a Pepsi.

50 yards from McDonalds, Taco Bell, and Waffle House. As well, the other "food" options at the outlet mall. If one wanted to walk about 200 yards across the street (in the direction of Field and Stream) there is a great Cal-Mex place called Papas and Beer which is always busy, or Shogun Buffet is always a winner.