Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Asheville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moving pretty quickly! Pix from evening of 11/10/1015.

IMG_4034r.jpg
IMG_4035r.jpg
IMG_4036r.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I haven't seen any shipping crates with the superchargers or switch gear in any of the photos. Is the equipment onsite yet? They might be waiting for it to show up. Then again, the pad hasn't been poured yet anyway, so there are still a few days before they'll need the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the pics. I haven't seen any shipping crates with the superchargers or switch gear in any of the photos. Is the equipment onsite yet? They might be waiting for it to show up. Then again, the pad hasn't been poured yet anyway, so there are still a few days before they'll need the gear.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a shipping container shown in one of the earlier pics. Are the crates usually stored in the shipping container or shipped separately?

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100066&d=1446652506

Photos I've seen from previous sites have been shipped in big wooden shipping crates, not shipping containers like that, but now that you mention it - what else would the container be for? Maybe they are in there.

Photos I've seen from previous sites have been shipped in big wooden shipping crates, not shipping containers like that, but now that you mention it - what else would the container be for? Maybe they are in there.

By the time a site is at the stage Asheville is in now, the wooden crates have been emptied and are long gone, with the contents installed in their permanent locations. Asheville is pretty far along. Someone should look for the transformer pad, transformer and electric meter. Getting those in can be the longest wait sometimes.

Here is a picture showing the transformer in Blanding, UT during construction. Some people confuse the Distribution Center (a giant circuit breaker cabinet) with the transformer. The transformer is almost always outside of the Equipment Enclosure that usually contains the Distribution Center and the Supercharger Cabinets.

Blanding Equipment-2.jpg

The other day, I saw the shipping container open (with two workers standing inside), only a table and some plans, but no equipment in there.
I didn't see any other equipment around the worksite. Seems like it is all prep work to this point.
Doubtful it will be done by Thanksgiving, but hopeful by Christmas.... but not betting on it.

Yeah, that's an interesting split, Can't say that I've seen a 7 - 1 split anywhere. Lumberton has the 4-4 split but other than that, can't think of a split layout. Guess the "1" is good for introverts that would rather just charge quietly and alone :)

I think you're thinking of Rocky Mount. Lumberton AFAIK only has 4 stalls, but Rocky Mount is split between both sides of the supercharger cabinets.

Never seen one with a lonely stall like this. I'm sure it will still be paired with one of the other stalls on the other side.