Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Asheville, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's getting close... wrapping is off!

Pix from 12/7/2015 7:00AM

Looks like they are close to opening (no guarantees). Plastic wrapping off the chargers, doors and apparent finish is on the enclosure, almost finished on the landscaping.
:biggrin:
IMG_4126t.JPG
IMG_4127t.JPG
IMG_4128t.JPG
IMG_4129t.JPG
IMG_4130t.JPG
IMG_4131t.JPG
IMG_4132t.JPG

you have to wait for the mysterious "White Tesla" to show up. Based on reports from Kingsland, it will be there a few hours with someone sitting in it, car plugged in, man with a laptop, then walla, a few hours later the dot will show up on the map as ready.

I think its kind of like Santa Clause, after SC appears, Frosty the SC magically comes to life.

I drove by the Supercharger construction site at the Asheville Outlet Mall yesterday and and the station should be ready any day now. Everything looked complete and the only remaining work appeared to be the striping of the parking space which was happening while I was there.

- - - Updated - - -

:smile:The Supercharger at the Asheville Outlet Mall is 99%+ finished in my opinion. Went by yesterday and they were striping the parking spaces and everything else looked complete. They may have some final inspection hoops to jump through, but I'd guess any day now,

No power yet, but looks complete! Soon...

Pix from 12/9/2015 at 7:30AM.

Random bystanders said potential inspection Friday and opening soon. No exact date. Apparently no power yet, but it was said that all city/county inspections were complete.

Landscaping complete, area cleaned up, lines freshly painted, fences removed. Porta-john still present (Maybe a new Tesla perk for travelers! ;-)

Protective plastic still covering the metal finish on the handles. I tried multiple chargers and they were nonfunctional (wouldn't even open my charge port).

It's gonna be soon, but I wouldn't plan on a trip this weekend, though it certainly could happen.

No "UL" stickers (if that's a real thing?) for anyone interested.

My work is almost done here.... Mayor, Asheville Supercharger

IMG_4133t.jpg
IMG_4134t.jpg
IMG_4136t.jpg
IMG_4138t.jpg
IMG_4139t.jpg
IMG_4140t.jpg
IMG_4141t.jpg
IMG_4142t.jpg
IMG_4143t.jpg
IMG_4144t.jpg
IMG_4145t.jpg
IMG_4146t.jpg
IMG_4147t.jpg
IMG_4148t.jpg
IMG_4149t.jpg
IMG_4150t.jpg
IMG_4151t.jpg
IMG_4153t.jpg

Last edited:
Pix from 12/9/2015 at 7:30AM.

Random bystanders said potential inspection Friday and opening soon. No exact date. Apparently no power yet, but it was said that all city/county inspections were complete.

Landscaping complete, area cleaned up, lines freshly painted, fences removed. Porta-john still present (Maybe a new Tesla perk for travelers! ;-)

Protective plastic still covering the metal finish on the handles. I tried multiple chargers and they were nonfunctional (wouldn't even open my charge port).

It's gonna be soon, but I wouldn't plan on a trip this weekend, though it certainly could happen.

No "UL" stickers (if that's a real thing?) for anyone interested.

My work is almost done here.... Mayor, Asheville Supercharger
View attachment 103859

Now for a store to be built in that far corner (past the porta-john in this pic)