Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ashland, OR (LIVE 1 Sep 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You don't need to drive by every few days. This hasn't event passed through the planning commission yet. Then it needs to pass through the building department before a building permit is issued and construction can begin.

You posted the appeal response on Sept 8. The Public Type 1 hearing was on the Planning Commission Agenda on Sept 13.
View attachment 857829

I can't find a recording of it but they should have presented that the appeal was denied paving way for the planning approval to follow to the building department. We will find out in a week or two when the September approved permits are posted here Building Permit Log - Building Division - Community Development - City of Ashland, Oregon if it has been issued or not. Also, it will show up on an 811 request before they can actually start digging. It has not shown up as of now.
Yea I knew appeal was denied, I just havent followed closely since. Clover lane isn't out of my way, gives me something to do lol

Reactions: Mrbrock
It’s hard to know. The appellant paid $150.00 to file something that was clearly not going to change any decision. My opinion is that he has done some work for local dealers & wanted to curry favor with them. He seemed to think that Tesla should put other types of chargers on a site they are paying to develop. That makes no sense.

It’s hard to know. The appellant paid $150.00 to file something that was clearly not going to change any decision. My opinion is that he has done some work for local dealers & wanted to curry favor with them. He seemed to think that Tesla should put other types of chargers on a site they are paying to develop. That makes no sense.
The solar guy sure had a lot of objections. However, the appeal was denied. The Supercharger was approved.

If he is a solar installer, and legit thinks electric cars strain the grid, then he's in the perfect business to mitigate that strain by selling his services to homes, businesses, and municipalities. So... more "strain" would be in his economic interest (higher electrical rates mean more people decide to install solar)

If he is a solar installer, and legit thinks electric cars strain the grid, then he's in the perfect business to mitigate that strain by selling his services to homes, businesses, and municipalities. So... more "strain" would be in his economic interest (higher electrical rates mean more people decide to install solar)
He just installed a large solar system at the Chevy dealership in Ashland, the one he used as an example in his appeal about the supercharger not being compatible with anything but teslas

Tesla's Find Us map has updated this evening to add this location, with a target opening of Q3 2023.
Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 9.05.54 PM.png

@Big Earl can we get this added as under construction please?
So far, we haven't been accepting dig tickets as evidence of construction. The editing team might want to talk about expanding the definition to include dig tickets, but until that time, we'd like to see site pics, first hand observations from reliable sources, or progress through the permitting process (inspections and the like).

Reactions: Rocky_H and juliusa
So far, we haven't been accepting dig tickets as evidence of construction. The editing team might want to talk about expanding the definition to include dig tickets, but until that time, we'd like to see site pics, first hand observations from reliable sources, or progress through the permitting process (inspections and the like).
I posted pictures of the construction further up, does it need to show Tesla hardware on site?IMG_1428.jpeg

He has 100% made sure I will never do business with him, at the minimum..

One of the other public comments was from a Ford EV owner, who said we don't need a 24 stall supercharger because one of the local wineries has 2 HPWC available, and her ford app shows no charging around for her vehicle.
The Ford EV owner should be telling Ford to start their own charging network instead of whining about no chargers for her EV.