Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Aspen, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t expect to see construction anytime soon. I’ve visited the Tesla store many times (most recently yesterday) and received the same message — they haven’t identified a location. Once they solve that problem, they’ll have to deal with Pitkin County for permitting. That’s usually not a quick process.

This one is live on the Tesla site (and supercharge.info too!)

upload_2018-7-3_8-29-17.png

Photos from Reddit.

New superchargers in Aspen, Colorado • r/teslamotors

Also, for those curious about this particular location, it's on the premises of the Aspen Inn (off the main highway 82 past Buttermilk Resort), and around the back side of the hotel. Should be minimal ICEing, if the 4th of July is any indication.

Also, the restaurant in the hotel serves some excellent barbeque. Tacos are amazing!

NNHSWhf.jpg

dYrGLG4.jpg
biHJVgn.jpg

@BlueShift
Could you link this topic at supercharge.info ?

Last edited:
WHen did they start with that design for the superchargers?
They started that design last September. It is known as an Urban Supercharger. Usually they get 72 kW each and are not paired with another Supercharger. While that can mean slower charging when on a road trip it does mean you don't have to worry about being paired with another car that is getting more power than you.

It is known as an Urban Supercharger. Usually they get 72 kW each and are not paired with another Supercharger.

Interestingly, there is a “1B” label on the closeup photo, and the other photos show only four of the standard supercharger enclosures/power units. In this installation, it looks like four sets of paired stalls.

Perhaps these operate like the usual paired stalls at the typical superchargers, but just happen to use the smaller, sexier design for the unit at each charging spot.

They started that design last September. It is known as an Urban Supercharger. Usually they get 72 kW each and are not paired with another Supercharger. While that can mean slower charging when on a road trip it does mean you don't have to worry about being paired with another car that is getting more power than you.
It would be more accurate to say that the Urban Superchargers have a fixed 50/50 power split than to say they are not paired.

I'll probably be there Tuesday. Planning a hike at Maroon Bells.

@PLUS EV did you drive over Independence Pass in the middle of the night?
If so, you're a braver soul than me, and you should stop and smell the roses. Save the night time driving for places like Nebraska :)

I drove independence in the dark last weekend on my way to hike a 14ers Saturday morning. Lots of night time traffic with a few animals at the summit.

Did you happen to get any photos? We could Tweet shame the hotel... ;)
Not only did I see the same think on July 4th, 2019 BUT also saw this Tesla driver parked and NOT charging.

Also pickup was not parked straight into the stall as you can see from the picture so using that stall was awkward. You would have no idea if they were workers and going to come out and dent your car while opening theirs.

Twitter account on bottom of this page: The Inn at Aspen as Wyndham Rentals (@Wyndham_Rentals) | Twitter

https://i.imgur.com/fNoBUTE.jpg
fNoBUTE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WPWY2TK.jpg
WPWY2TK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/a5J9tQK.jpg
a5J9tQK.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker