TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger at Gigafactory

Discussion in 'North America' started by araxara, Dec 29, 2015.

1. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

2. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

I'm guessing not, since there is still a guard gate keeping everyone well away. It is still a construction zone. Maybe in the future...

3. Evee

Evee Member

I'm hoping we can use it soon

4. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

Unless there are cables out of sight at the edge of the photo, the charger doesn't appear to be hooked up. They generally run that cables above ground for these palleted chargers.

5. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

You can see that the red Model S is plugged in. Unless a staged shot, it appears to be live.

6. glhs272

glhs272 Unnamed plug faced villian

That supercharger has been there for quite a while. I remember seeing it there during the early drone over-flights. Perhaps the cables are below the gravel, but I am quite sure it is functional. From what I understand is this supercharger is for Tesla executives and employees, therefore not available to the public and problably never will be. But I am sure Tesla will build a fully functional supercharger site available to the public at the gigafactory site. Wouldn't be surprised if they also have a parking lot of standard L2 HPWCs around too.

7. wdolson

wdolson Active Member

Tesla has a lot of people traveling between the Bay Area and Nevada right now. I've read stories of people here on the forum often meet Tesla employees on I-80 at SCs. I expect the SC at the Gigafactory is to charge the company vehicles going back and forth.

8. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

That portable Supercharger is similar to the ones at Harris Ranch and has been noted in Gigagfactory photos from months ago. It is well inside the Gigafactory property so not open to the public. Obviously for use by Tesla employees. I assume that in a year or less there will be a permanent Supercharger on that site, again for internal use only.