TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Atascadero

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by apacheguy, Jun 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

2. Owner

Owner Active Member

Is this the location? Just matching the Rabobank and Denny's in Atascadero. There is a Starbucks nearby too.

rabo.jpg

3. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Awesome, with this and Buellton coming online, looks like the 101 corridor from SF to LA will soon be open.

4. napabill

napabill Active Member

Hard to believe Atascadero is so far along without any previous note of it here. A bit surprised at location as the distance between Atascadero and Buelton is only 80 miles. Based on this, I should think Salinas ought to be next, to take some of the load off of Gilroy. Any spies in Salinas?

5. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Salinas isn't on the Summer 2013 map. The only locations for Summer 2013 in California are Atascadero, Buellton, Oxnard, and San Juan Capistrano. Only Atascadero and Buellton have been spotted, AFAIK. The other two are rumored, but match up with the map.

6. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

Having them close together takes pressure off. They probably can't put in a 16 station site anywhere, but they can put two 8 station sites in close enough proximity that you could skip to the next one if necessary.

7. AlisoJames

AlisoJames Member

Nice work! I have been hoping that one would come online in time for our July road trip to Morro Bay and Carmel. I too am surprised that no one else on here had noticed the activity. I had speculated a few days ago that Buellton would be the only one up and running by month end. This is great news! Thanks.

8. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

Awesome!

9. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

A Tesla employee told me that not all planned or in process superchargers are on the map. So there will likely be a few pleasant surprises here and there!

10. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

Is the 70 amp J1772 still there?

11. napabill

napabill Active Member

I see Salinas scheduled for "Fall 2013". So what do you think "Fall" means? Sept to Nov?

12. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

+1!! I charged at the Rabobank in Atascadero over Memorial Day weekend and there wasn't any sign of putting these in, but it did look like a perfect SC location with lots of space to put these in. I am really happy with this location!

13. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Sweet.

If they're finished with Buellton and Atascadero, then Oxnard or San Juan should be breaking ground soon. It's the same team doing each of them (one of the workers I met at a Supercharger told me the cities they were doing).

14. gene

gene Active Member

Two weeks ago I had to go from Ventura to San Francisco and back to Ventura twice. Both times I used Atascadero 70amp charger for 1.5 hours and Gilroy for 45 minutes. My last time at Atascadero was only 9 days ago. I had seen zero construction. They must have started soon after we were there. These guys constructing the Superchargers are very fast!

15. Russell B

Russell B Member

16. Calisun

Calisun Member

That's great news about the possible activation this weekend. I hope they do the San Juan Capistrano next, I have a trip planned to San Diego mid July and a detour to downtown La to use the Hawthorn supercharger is less than ideal. I'll hit it mid-day on a Wednesday most likely on the way down and a Monday morning on the way back.

17. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Please let us know if and when you get more info on these being operational. I might drive down to SLO next weekend and would love to know these are available.

18. Lou Olsen

Lou Olsen Member

Anybody know when Tesla will make an official announcement about the sites? Probably waiting for a big announcement when all are up and running, but I'd sure like to start planning a road trip for the summer.....

19. napabill

napabill Active Member

I'm betting on casual tweets from Elon as each goes live. That's about as sophisticated as communications get at TM these days.

20. AlisoJames

AlisoJames Member

Great news! Thanks for posting the update. We are hoping to use Buellton on July 11 and Atascadero on July 12 so that certainly sounds promising.