Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Atascadero, CA (8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked to Rabobank and was advised the SC are installed and expect to be powered "this weekend". Looks like it is very close.

I haven't read this whole thread, but wanted to post new information. Stopped by today to charge at the Rabobank charger as part of my WA to CA road trip (not knowing this is where they were putting the superchargers) and was pleasantly surprised to find 8 supercharger bays! Talked to a guy working there who informed me the chargers were supposed to be up and running TODAY but a miscommunication regarding the cooling transformer (I think that's what he said) is causing a delay. He said it should be up by the 4th, along with the one in Buellton. Certainly nothing official, but this is the best information I have. Here are the pics (sorry they are upside down...not sure why my computer is doing that):

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

IMG_0453 - Copy - Copy.jpeg
IMG_0455 - Copy.jpeg
photo.JPG
x - Copy - Copy.JPG

The SuperChargers are up and running. Here is a picture with a Models S charging this afternoon taken by my daughter on her drive down 101. Also a photo of the 70 amp charger for the Roadsters. Whew! They didn't take it out!

Notice that the signs say that it's not for exclusive use of EV's, and at this site they're saying that anyone can park there for an hour.

Some of the stalls are labeled that way. Some are reserved exclusively for charging. You can see the signs are different in the background of the picture above. Probably this is all they were able to negotiate from the lot owner.

Charged there yesterday. There was a crew doing cleanup of the pavement so cones were in front of 4 chargers. No problem as there was only one other Model S charging. Did not bother to take a picture. Good fast charge and we were on our way again.

Charged there yesterday. There was a crew doing cleanup of the pavement so cones were in front of 4 chargers. No problem as there was only one other Model S charging. Did not bother to take a picture. Good fast charge and we were on our way again.

Heads up.
Charged here this morning on my way to TESLIVE. Asphalt crew came by and set up cones blocking access. They said all chargers would be unavailable through tomorrow. Not great to do this on a weekend. Guess I'll come home on the 5.

Heads up.
Charged here this morning on my way to TESLIVE. Asphalt crew came by and set up cones blocking access. They said all chargers would be unavailable through tomorrow. Not great to do this on a weekend. Guess I'll come home on the 5.

We need some sort of website or whatever to be able to check on availability and/or scheduled maintenance. Imagine pulling up there with 5 miles left to hear something like that...

We need some sort of website or whatever to be able to check on availability and/or scheduled maintenance. Imagine pulling up there with 5 miles left to hear something like that...

Completely agree. I have a friend who just bought an S85 who will be using this SC in about two weeks. He has range anxiety which prevented him from buying the car for a couple months but eventually he saw the big picture. But if he gets to Atascadero with 50 rated miles left and needs to use the SC and they are out, I think he will sell the car. It isn't that hard to keep people informed about the status. Why not have a website that just lists the status of the various stations and any improvements or outages? How hard can that be?

I headed from the Bay Area after TESLIVE Sunday afternoon and arrived hoping to charge in Atascadero at 8:15 pm. None of the SuperChargers were being used, but there was a Leaf using the 70 amp charger that I needed and a Volt waiting for him to finish. Fortunately, I had enough juice left to make it to San Luis Obispo where I charged up--made it to Santa Barbara about midnight.

It sure would be nice to have a system to know if chargers are open and perhaps to reserve them!

My favorite supercharger that I have visited so far. Edited from my blog post.

Dining: Six from the Tesla Motor's Web site
I found two independent ones a short walk away: Fig and Thai Elephant both were good.

I also found the folks to be very friendly! Lot of Tesla time with curious folks going to the bank.

Supercharger pairs 3A and 3B are inoperative today. All the remaining spaces were full. First time I have seen full chargers here!

That sucks! How long did you have to wait for a spot? I assume you called Supercharger Central to report the problem.

Take a look at Capacity of Superchargers Using an Erlang-B Model. Going from 8 to 6 stalls means the capacity with a 2% probability of a wait went from 3.6 to 2.25 average number of cars charging, a 38% loss in low-queue capacity. That and a spring weekend on the SF to LA route, and ...

There are 10 stalls at Gilroy. Now Tesla needs to up the capacity at Atascadero, Beullton, etc and keep adding Superchargers as they keep selling cars in California.

Don't feel too bad, Atascadero was probably warmer than Boulder today...

Springtime in the Rockies.JPG