TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Athens GA

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by ChrisC, May 5, 2018.

1. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

A supercharger installation has been spotted in Athens Georgia, "right in front of the Best Buy".

I have that address as 1791 Oconee Connector, Athens, GA 30606 .

Someone please alert Blueshift :)

• Informative x 2
  2. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

Thanks, is now appearing on supercharge.info and linking back to this thread.

3. Lawrence99x

Lawrence99x Member

Awesome! I'm here in Athens, will do some reconnaissance once it gets rolling.

4. Lawrence99x

Lawrence99x Member

59019 1791 OCONEE CONNECTOR TAX MAP PARCEL: C-1AJ-1 DISTRICT CODE: OWNER: EPPS BRIDGE CENTRE COMM TYPE OF CONSTRUCTION: Other Non-Housekeeping OCCUPANCY GROUP: COMMERCIAL TOTAL FEE: 35.00 TOTAL VALUE: 0.00 TOTAL PAID: 0.00 04/25/2018 04/25/2018 04/25/2019 STATUS: Applied NO CONTRACTOR SPECIFIED NOTES: TESLA CHARGING STATION CONTRACTOR: PREMIER BUILDERS GC LLC EPPS BRIDGE CENTRE

5. Kgorilla37

Kgorilla37 Member

I was just at this site. You can see the chargers soon after you turn onto the Oconee Connector. Chargers are far from the stores but still near plenty of food places. While I was there (10 minutes) there were 5-6 cars driving by, so plenty of traffic.

• Informative x 1
  6. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

So, Georgians, what's the deal with this one?

Google-wise doesn't seem to be a connector between major cities. Priority because of the University of Georgia?

7. Terressa

Terressa New Member

Need to confirm Athens supercharger is working, will be running close to empty to get to Ma on this am. Thanks.

8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

There's been no evidence to suggest that it is active yet, so best advice when planning your trip is to assume it doesn't exist.

9. h-bomb

h-bomb Member

Agreed it's not a connector for major cities, but if you're heading up from central or southern GA towards the mountains in the NE part of the state - or to the Franklin, NC or Gatlinburg, TN areas - this prevents having to route through Atlanta, which is out of the way and can be a traffic nightmare.

I also think the university had a lot to do with this placement. People drive from all over the region to attend not just sporting but other events that UGA hosts.

• Informative x 2
  10. Kgorilla37

Kgorilla37 Member

As of Saturday May 12th, no additional progress on activating this site.

11. Autogyro

Autogyro Member

Fence location surrounding the cabinets marked on May 15th.

12. Autogyro

Autogyro Member

Mulch applied on May 16.

13. Autogyro

Autogyro Member

DC97D9D0-4F55-4A66-A95E-CFC7309AAA4F.jpeg 1C74D418-03A3-4AEE-80CA-C599C666B8AC.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  14. Graffi

Graffi Member

Is it just me, or are the units too far to the right??? Glad to see another Supercharger site about to open.

• Like x 1
  15. Autogyro

Autogyro Member

I am glad to report that this Supercharger station is online on May 17. It is not on Tesla’s AEA64CF1-4B4A-4A6F-8213-F23A98EDFEE0.jpeg 057D6E3A-5747-45F2-ABCA-C2F9D441D7A8.jpeg F1FC5114-66FA-4E15-BBA3-F44FDB376BDF.jpeg Supercharger map yet.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 3
  16. Autogyro

Autogyro Member

I guess it’s because there is no fence for this location. So it can be as far to the right as it wants.

• Like x 1
  17. terrywhite

terrywhite Member

Thanks for confirming this location is up and running. This is the one location that i've been waiting for the most. I pass through Athens to get to Elberton GA and without it I don't have enough juice to make the return trip. This is AWESOME for me and a pleasant surprise. The one that is listed is Madison GA (coming soon) and I said from day one, why Madison and not Athens. Boom! Done.

18. Kgorilla37

Kgorilla37 Member

Just checked today (saturday morning) and it is indeed up and running. But still not on plugshare.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  19. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

Plugshare is tricky. Those listings are generally crowdsourced, so as soon as anyone finds out about a station (ANY kind of station), it gets added. However, Tesla Inc. asked Plugshare Inc. to not show any Supercharger locations that are under construction. Once the station is officially online, meaning showing up in Tesla's own map (on website), THEN it will magically appear in Plugshare. Someone already added it to Plugshare (link below) but set it to wall outlet and restricted to doubly hide it from Tesla views. It'll get changed to a proper listing in a day or two, assuming Tesla Inc. officially launches it. PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

20. Hookemhorns

Hookemhorns Member

Right now it's not on the tesla.com map of superchargers, but it does appear in my MS navigation screen--that seems pretty official.