Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Atlanta, GA - Lenox Rd.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this garage open 24/7? Do you have to pay to park? I would be coming through here after midnight tonight.
There is no charge and all but certain it is open 24 since there are no gates I remember seeing and it is the Mall Parking lot/deck.

I think you may be someone who visits Superchargers (sig and other post I remember reading), but if not and just looking to charge up...
These are urban Superchargers (slower 72kW) and you would be better off going to Atlantic Station.

Also not 100% positive since I have not seen them but I think they are located in the circle. Someone with knowledge please confirm or correct.

Screen Shot 2018-08-26 at 2.54.55 PM.png

Last edited:
A photo of the 16 stall site on PlugShare. It’s working!
44FAE650-2C46-436B-BBBF-4FBD27A35F33.jpeg
there is also a super long description on the listing.

Attachments

• 1F945970-7F6D-4571-B6DB-A0AC7482FACD.png
    1F945970-7F6D-4571-B6DB-A0AC7482FACD.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 96
I ended up not going to this supercharger till Sunday afternoon so it was no issue. But yes, it's not a pay garage and there's no gate, so should be no problem overnight. I was lucky to find it right away as it is tucked away fairly well. Getting it on the Nav and adding some signage will help a lot.

Someone else already mentioned it, but it looks like the 5 stalls on the other side of the property will be in the valet area.

Oh, and lastly the first stall I plugged into (4A I think) had no power, so maybe they didn't activate all 16 stalls yet. The next one I tried worked fine.

Yeah, there are totally some gates that close after hours, but some remain open. If you encounter a closed gate, either on your way in or out, drive to another entrance / level. Tesla may very well be negotiating with Lenox for a change to the gate policy, but in the meantime, you CAN get to the stations 24/7. Lenox has already been handling this for years at the EVgo DC Fast Charging station in the north lot, as I wrote here on August 6th.

• Informative
Reactions: Raincloud
The 16-pedestal location appeared in Tesla's in-car navigation and on Tesla's website today, so that makes it official.

I will now get it properly listed in Plugshare. I had it secretly listed (restricted and wall outlet) but will now have Plugshare convert it to a real Supercharger listing. Just in case they delete it by mistake (this has happened before, sadly), here is my description, in case I need it again:

Sixteen (16) supercharging stations, each delivering 72 kW (aka urban SCs). This is located in the bottom / ground level of the Lenox Road Garage, on the eastern side of Lenox Square mall. After turning off Lenox Road onto the access road that encircles the mall complex, head south PAST the first three entrances to the deck; the last entrance takes you directly to the bottom / ground level of the deck. Site is in southeast corner, to the left after you enter the deck.

Mall entrance is below Herzing University sign. Upon entry you will be just behind the California Pizza Kitchen, and the mall's main food court will be visible below.

There is another Tesla Supercharging site at the north side of the Lenox mall complex, and also a Tesla store. Please see separate Plugshare listings for details on those locations.

Similarly, here is a capture of the description I've written for the 5-pedestal site, which is NOT yet available as far as I know, but should be soon. Last I heard, they were waiting for the utility transformer to be turned on.

Five (5) Tesla supercharging stations, each delivering 72 kW (aka urban SCs). This is located in the north parking lot of Lenox Mall complex, just east of the EVgo charging stations that have been there since 2014. This parking lot is also the valet lot, but is accessible to EV owners WITHOUT having to pay to park.

To quickly access the station, enter the mall from Peachtree Road and turn to the right, then go past the first parking lot until you see the Valet Lot on the right. The main gate to the lot is locked at mall closing time (9pm on weekdays), however a side entrance is still open. If you encounter a locked gate, drive around the east side of the lot.

There is another, much bigger, Tesla Supercharging site in the Lenox Road parking deck on the east side of the mall complex. Please see separate Plugshare listing for details on that location.

Last edited:
I will now get it properly listed in Plugshare.

Just for reference: You don't need to do anything to get this "properly listed" on Plugshare - they automatically import Supercharger details direct from the Tesla website. I've asked them and this is by request from Tesla, who don't want people adding incorrect information (either accidentally or intentionally). This is why the 'Supercharger' plug type isn't available for manually created entries.

When they delete "under construction" sites, that's not by mistake - it's on purpose.

The downsides:
1) It's not clear that the reason the 'Supercharger' plug type isn't available is because they don't want them created. That results in people creating them anyway with different plug types.
2) People can't find supercharger sites which are under construction. supercharge.info has pretty good coverage of this.
3) They don't synchronise that often - every few days, but sometimes it can be a couple of weeks after it goes live on the Tesla site (and sometimes it isn't live on the Tesla site until a week or two after the site *actually* goes live).
4) There are a small number of supercharger sites which are accessible but not listed on Tesla's site. The most common example of this would be service centres. These can only be listed with non-Supercharger plug types, which is a pain.

Yup, I'm familiar with all of that, and have explained it to others myself. The problem I'm fixing is the lack of a location description, and I was dumbing down my explanation above.

I should have kept my mouth shut, and will do so now. Just needed to capture the location description that I had crafted, which turns out to have been prescient ...

Reactions: MarcoRP
Yup, I'm familiar with all of that, and have explained it to others myself. The problem I'm fixing is the lack of a location description, and I was dumbing down my explanation above.

I should have kept my mouth shut, and will do so now. Just needed to capture the location description that I had crafted, which turns out to have been prescient ...

Thanks for your work. Continue to update site info, we need people like you.

• Love
Reactions: ChrisC and MarcoRP
Just for reference: You don't need to do anything to get this "properly listed" on Plugshare - they automatically import Supercharger details direct from the Tesla website. I've asked them and this is by request from Tesla, who don't want people adding incorrect information (either accidentally or intentionally). This is why the 'Supercharger' plug type isn't available for manually created entries.

When they delete "under construction" sites, that's not by mistake - it's on purpose.

The downsides:
1) It's not clear that the reason the 'Supercharger' plug type isn't available is because they don't want them created. That results in people creating them anyway with different plug types.
2) People can't find supercharger sites which are under construction. supercharge.info has pretty good coverage of this.
3) They don't synchronise that often - every few days, but sometimes it can be a couple of weeks after it goes live on the Tesla site (and sometimes it isn't live on the Tesla site until a week or two after the site *actually* goes live).
4) There are a small number of supercharger sites which are accessible but not listed on Tesla's site. The most common example of this would be service centres. These can only be listed with non-Supercharger plug types, which is a pain.
Is there a thread about PlugShare sync on Superchargers?

Not that I know of! If anyone would know, it would be you? :)
You also seem to know quite a bit. What I think I’ll do, is make a thread like that in Charging Standards & Infrastructure, and it would probably a good place to post new Supercharger locations found thru the app. What do you think?

It looks like, according to Tesla, the 5 stalls in the other section are "officially" a different supercharger site - and they've just gone live! supercharge.info has also been updated to suit.

Confirmed! Sort of. I was just there and the stations are accessible. Someone was unplugging as I was pulling in. If I'd gotten there 30 seconds earlier (grrrr Lenox traffic) I would have been able to confirm whether he'd pulled a charge.

The pedestals do NOT have any numbering on them (1A, 1B, etc.) which is odd for live stations.

Attachments

• 20180901_144108.jpg
    20180901_144108.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq and Acps110