Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you use that Supercharger, you could just pull the trailer in, and when you get to the Superchargers, back it into a space across from the SCs, unhitch, supercharge, back straight up, re-hitch, and go. We have used that SC a couple of times, and that area was generally not in high usage. (Your experience may vary, we were there in the morning, and then again in a mid-afternoon time).

If you use that Supercharger, you could just pull the trailer in, and when you get to the Superchargers, back it into a space across from the SCs, unhitch, supercharge, back straight up, re-hitch, and go. We have used that SC a couple of times, and that area was generally not in high usage. (Your experience may vary, we were there in the morning, and then again in a mid-afternoon time).

Thanks, Doc S.

That might be a good idea. Need to be careful not to get "stuck" with a long trailer (29 ft) in a parking garage.

We are now planning on spending the night at the Holiday Inn just south and west of the ATL airport. I found it on plugshare and I called and they have a couple of charge outlets including one Tesla. We will then go around Atlanta on the west side. We decided to skip the stressful downtown route! It will also save one charge stop.

Hello,

I noticed that the working row of superchargers at Atlantic Station now says '30 minute parking', whereas the other row (riddled with small problems that slow charging significantly) do not say 30 minute parking. Of course I want to use the faster one, but I need it for 50 minutes.

Will we get charged by going over the 30 minutes on the 'good' row of superchargers at Atlantic Station?

Hello,

I noticed that the working row of superchargers at Atlantic Station now says '30 minute parking', whereas the other row (riddled with small problems that slow charging significantly) do not say 30 minute parking. Of course I want to use the faster one, but I need it for 50 minutes.

Will we get charged by going over the 30 minutes on the 'good' row of superchargers at Atlantic Station?
I think it actually says "30 Minutes General Parking" as in anyone can park for up to 30 minutes.

Any Atlanta folks watching Gwinnett County permits for the Buford Supercharger?? Thanks

Yes, here: Supercharger - Buford, GA

A little bird tells me that Lenox Mall is getting a VERY large Supercharging installation (not HPWCs) and that construction is starting soon. As soon as there's public information about that, someone should start a thread (i.e. "Supercharger - Atlanta/Lenox, GA") with that information.

Just got my Model 3 and was at Atlantic Station and decided to "play" and do a quick SC test. Pulled into 2A (I think) and and no one on either side. Plugged in and stating looking over site and found that all the As and 1 B are in one row and the other 4 Bs are in another row at an angle. Turns out I was sharing with with 2B even thought I THOUGHT I was carful as I pulled in. I did unplug since I was just testing. Are SC usually this odd in the AB install or is this an outlier? Having A & B next to each other would make it a lot easer than having to survey the site before plugging in.

Just got my Model 3 and was at Atlantic Station and decided to "play" and do a quick SC test. Pulled into 2A (I think) and and no one on either side. Plugged in and stating looking over site and found that all the As and 1 B are in one row and the other 4 Bs are in another row at an angle. Turns out I was sharing with with 2B even thought I THOUGHT I was carful as I pulled in. I did unplug since I was just testing. Are SC usually this odd in the AB install or is this an outlier? Having A & B next to each other would make it a lot easer than having to survey the site before plugging in.

They are usually next to each other 1a 1b not staggered like at Atlantic station.

This was on the AS IG a few months ago.

Attachments

• E2B360E2-3946-4E67-9551-26729837FF51.jpeg
    E2B360E2-3946-4E67-9551-26729837FF51.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 126
Went to Atlantic Station this morning to go to LA Fitness (not SC). Looked around but didn't see any evidence of new SCs or any construction around the current ones. While I support more I would prefer to see more Stations like in Cumberland before adding to Atlanta Station. Of course it is probably a lot easier and less expensive to add on.

Funny when I got in to leave my car decided to Precondition the battery.

IMG_0697.jpg

Another oddity of the Atlantic Station SC besides the weird AB and odd angle layout is this ONE SINGLE parking space that LOOKS like a SC parking spot but isn't. Makes it look like I'm EVICEing when I was just parking. Also parked in it a week or so ago and some other Tesla owners gave me the "you dummy" just try charging there look.:eek::D

IMG_0879.jpeg

A little OT but today (and this has happened the last few times) I went to Atlantic Station to go to LA Fitness and run outside. Did park in the same "weird" extra parking space next to the SC (same as in pic above post). I was very close to the 2 hour mark when I left and even had my CC ready. When I get to the gate it says "insert ticket with bar code up" as I start to reach towards the gate arm opens at about "...bar code up". Yes I still have my ticket. How did it know I was there less than 2 hours (and I'm not sure it was so close) without reading my ticket? That is like the 3ed time in a row it has done this. Is an operator monitoring cameras and sees I'm driving a Tesla and just opens the gate or....???? Have others experienced this.

IMG_0968.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0977.jpeg

Last edited:
I've also experienced the automated gate opening up before presenting the ticket, I think they take pictures of license plates as they enter, and let them through if cars leave within that 2 hour window.